Esteemed Contributor

Miss Petunia Is NOT A Happy Kitty.

Petunia had a checkup this morning, finally.  She was 3 months past her year mark but DD had to cancel the last appointment because Petunia was wild when she tried to get her in the carrier. We were afraid she would hurt herself.  When DD called the vet office to cancel she said she would drop off a check for cancelling at the last minute. They said no problem, they actually have a code for, "can't catch cat."

Today Miss P was wrapped in a towel, in she went. She was not happy. 

DD just called, she is 7 and 1/2 lbs., had her nails clipped.  Healthy albeit not happy.  She will get treats and catnip when she gets home. 

That darn cat is smart, she will milk her vet trip for a ton of sympathy today. Spoiled little beast.

Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Petunia Is NOT A Happy Kitty.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Petunia had a checkup this morning, finally.  She was 3 months past her year mark but DD had to cancel the last appointment because Petunia was wild when she tried to get her in the carrier. We were afraid she would hurt herself.  When DD called the vet office to cancel she said she would drop off a check for cancelling at the last minute. They said no problem, they actually have a code for, "can't catch cat."

Today Miss P was wrapped in a towel, in she went. She was not happy. 

DD just called, she is 7 and 1/2 lbs., had her nails clipped.  Healthy albeit not happy.  She will get treats and catnip when she gets home. 

That darn cat is smart, she will milk her vet trip for a ton of sympathy today. Spoiled little beast.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , Mine wails all the way there , and is silent on the way home. Kitties hate the vet.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1   The vet is 30 minutes away.  DD said Petunia wailed for about 15 minutes and then just resigned herself to her plight.

Same coming home. She has been giving us the side eye since she was let out of the cage.

She knew something was up this morning, she had that "I smell shenanigans" look.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eventually kitty will forgive her mom. Meanwhile, my advice: Keep shoes out of sight for a day or so. Cranky pouting kitties have been known to leave "revenge" in a human's shoe. Surprise! 

Don't ask how I know this .   

Trusted Contributor

Some of ours do okay, others not so much. We have one that nearly always poops in the carrier....his chart is noted with that info so they always allow time for a bath and dry! The others cry, one or two just cower in the corner of the carrier...the only guys that were okay with trips to the vet were our Maine Coons, they were used to going in the carriers to go to shows so they did not seem to mind the car ride.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal   All is forgiven already.  DD is on vacation this week, we are watching a Gerard Butler movie.  DD is in her recliner, Petunia on her lap.

Petunia got lots of hugs when she got home.  The treats and rolling in catnip helped too. She gets very excited when the drawer where the catnip is gets opened. 

Valued Contributor

My parent's cat (Simba) was so bad about going to vet, my parents had to give him liquid valium otherwise vet techs would refuse to take him out of his carrier.

Respected Contributor

Last visit with my cat, I asked for some kind of sedative for future visits and was given some pills with instructions to make life easier on everyone.

Be sure to follow directions on the Rx.  I will be trying this out when it's time for him to go for his annual visit late this year. Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

We have a Petunia cat too! We call her Tooney. She's 23 years old and spoiled rotten. When she wants something she yells at us and we come running! Lol

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Eventually kitty will forgive her mom. Meanwhile, my advice: Keep shoes out of sight for a day or so. Cranky pouting kitties have been known to leave "revenge" in a human's shoe. Surprise! 

Don't ask how I know this .   

@gizmogal, I had one of those. He left his revenge in a very nice handbag. By the time I discovered it, it was too late. He was very proud and knew he had really been successful in his endeavor.Woman Surprised