Honored Contributor

Please consider adopting, not shopping. There is a mini schnauzer rescue group listed for PA:

https://www.schnauzers-rule.com/schnauzer-rescue-groups.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sir Cancelot wrote:

Our Samantha, a Greenfield Puppy, is not a "puppy mill" dog.  We met her mother and all of her puppy brothers.  They had a beautiful section of their barn dedicated to just them.  The family was lovely and they lived in the most beautiful farm house I've ever seen..........I was just trying to be helpful.  I hope you find a wonderful new puppy.

People are very good at deceiving the public as to the true source of these puppy mill dogs.  They put up a very good front.  First hint was that they are housed in a barn.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Thank all of you for your kindness and suggestions. I am open to adoption also so I will look into that possibility when the time is right. Heart

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Re: Mini Schnauzers

[ Edited ]

Suggest you look up the Mini Schnauzer Club of America and ask for show breeders in Pennsylvania or depending on where you live, in surrounding states.

Often they have companion puppies for sale.  Be sure to ask if inherited disorders testing was done on the parents and puppies before you buy.  I always ask to see both mother and father.  

This club also could have a Mini Schnauzer rescue that sells dogs.  

Don't buy puppies sold in newspapers, local Merchandisers and the like, or pet shops, but it sounds like you know that.  

Respected Contributor

I happen to love a certain breed of purebred. But, the last time I owned one is  about 34 years ago because of all the animals that need rescuing. I have gotten crossbreeds at the shelter, though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Please consider adopting, not shopping. There is a mini schnauzer rescue group listed for PA:

https://www.schnauzers-rule.com/schnauzer-rescue-groups.html

@KingstonsMom a thoughtful,kind reply from you...as usual.💕

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@DJP  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Missy must have been very special.  Our little Granddaughter has a mini Schnauzer,she's so so sweet and beyond cute. I know in time you'll find another love. Not to replace Missy but to give another dog a wonderful life. 

My dream dog was an Irish Setter.  I got two from breeders years ago. Since then all our pets have been rescues...loved them all,all wonderful loving creatures.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth