Valued Contributor

My beautiful girl, Missy just passed away 3 weeks ago.  My heart is broken. Does anyone from Pa. know a responsible breeder? I'm just looking. Not sure I can handle another dog right now. Thank you Heart

Honored Contributor

@DJP -

I don't know of one but I am so sorry.

I know you will miss seeing your sweet Missy every day but I am sure she is with you. I believe that because I feel all mine with me. 

They may be in heaven but our hearts will always be together.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  Go to Greenfield Puppies.com.  They are in Pa.  You need to pick your breed and there will be videos of puppies available.  Our Havanese is a Greenfield Puppy.  She is three years old and we got her when she was eight weeks old.  There have been no problems.  Our Miniature Schaunzer lived to be 19 years old.  She was not a Greenfield puppy.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your Missy will always be in your heart.  I know the sadness of losing your precious little girl.  I, too, was hesitant about bringing a new puppy into the home so soon.  My little boy has helped the healing process and brought so much love and joy into our lives, but my girl will forever be in our hearts.  Much love to you during this challenging time.Heart

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are our best friends of all. I don't know of any breeders, but there may be breed specific rescues if you check.

Honored Contributor

Check the "classified" section in the Phila. Inquirer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Responsible breeders have wait lists for the puppies even before they are bred.  Occasionally a home will back out and you might be able to get one sooner.

Check with your local Kennel club, they will be happy to put you in contact with members.  However do your homework, membership will not automatically make you a good breeder.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mini Schnauzers

[ Edited ]

@Sir Cancelot wrote:

So sorry for your loss.  Go to Greenfield Puppies.com.  They are in Pa.  You need to pick your breed and there will be videos of puppies available.  Our Havanese is a Greenfield Puppy.  She is three years old and we got her when she was eight weeks old.  There have been no problems.  Our Miniature Schaunzer lived to be 19 years old.  She was not a Greenfield puppy.  Heart

Oh no!  Greenfield gets their puppies from puppy mills.  No reputable breeders will ever sell their puppies through this business.

I just got a new puppy by finding a breeder on AKC.org.  You still have to be careful and make sure the parents were health tested.

Honored Contributor

I never heard of a responsible breeder where you "pick your breed".  They specialize in breeding, showing and doing everything possible to improve one breed.  Sounds suspicious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mini Schnauzers

[ Edited ]

Our Samantha, a Greenfield Puppy, is not a "puppy mill" dog.  We met her mother and all of her puppy brothers.  They had a beautiful section of their barn dedicated to just them.  The family was lovely and they lived in the most beautiful farm house I've ever seen..........I was just trying to be helpful.  I hope you find a wonderful new puppy.