Respected Contributor

My old pharaoh hound (15 in April) has been throwing up last couple of days.  Took her to vet this morning.  They did blood work and everything is within normal limits.  They did find a flea on her and she had worms which could be making her ill.  I got a flea collar for her ($80!!!!) but it lasts 8 months.  Vet said fleas have been horrible this winter.  $280 in all today at the vet for deworming, nausea and flea collar, but it was so worth it knowing she is a healthy old ladybug.  I hope to have this old chic around for a couple more years! 

Honored Contributor

That is great news.  My kitty is 18 and I'm always relieved when the vet says he's good.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

My old pharaoh hound (15 in April) has been throwing up last couple of days.  Took her to vet this morning.  They did blood work and everything is within normal limits.  They did find a flea on her and she had worms which could be making her ill.  I got a flea collar for her ($80!!!!) but it lasts 8 months.  Vet said fleas have been horrible this winter.  $280 in all today at the vet for deworming, nausea and flea collar, but it was so worth it knowing she is a healthy old ladybug.  I hope to have this old chic around for a couple more years! 

I am so glad that she will be OK ..... happy New Year!!