Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

What problems did you have since you didn't have any male dogs?

Everything is still good here.  Fix dog and Frankie got to play outside today for about 3 hours.  Old fixed dog can hardly walk Smiley Sad  The unnuetured dog is still in dog run 25x25 pen while Frankie is in the pasture.  He hasn't chewed thru the chainlink or jumped it.  Frankie is still a sweet timid baby but is coming around.

Honored Contributor

Doggie diapers have been a life saver!  I didn't let her out enough yesterday when it rained all day and she actually peed in them and they held it all...whew! 

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

Six weeks is doable.  It's not too much of a problem keeping everyone where they need to be to remain safe.  As for me, when the two male dogs are put together again, we'll have a water hose ready in case they decide to go nuts.  I still think it was the food bowls DH had in his hands.  No problem since.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   You are probably quite right about the food, that is a more survival motivation than mating rights, for sure!  That's not to say they wouldn't get into it over Frankie if all three of them were in the same yard or room together, but I am sure you are going to make sure that won't happen!  Best of luck going forward, I look forward to seeing pictures of all three of your dogs six months from now, all getting along and playing together.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

Thanks!  Yes, we've been playing musical locations with no incidents.  Intact male is back in the annex right now while Frankie and fixed male are in the pasture.  I'm sure Chuck can't wait for this to be over.

Esteemed Contributor

She's so precious and Chanel will be a wonderful companion to you and family and she will also be a great playmate to your other pets. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I have a bit of a odd situation between my neutered dog and Frankie.  Our neutered a dog has been fixed for 6 and 1/2 years.  We don't know how old he was when he found us but older than a year.  By the way our intact male is sounding more like a cross between a braying donkey and a squealing pig.  He's one miserable pooch. 

Our nutered dog and Frankie were in the pasture today with my husband. Not just once but twice he saw them mating and "locked" together afterwards.  Is this normal for a neutered dog?

Honored Contributor

According to Google, it's not so odd after all but it's making for a 3 ring circus around here Smiley Surprised  And intact outside male dog just figured out he can jump the 4 ft fence.  Great!  He's lived in the pasture for 6 years and it took this scenario for him to figure out he can clear the fence.  We've known all along he could.  HE just didn't know he could.