Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac How is precious Chi-Chi doing lately?

Honored Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

@Mz iMac How is precious Chi-Chi doing lately?

@Mz iMac 

Honored Contributor

@red&curly @SeaMaiden 

Well, it will be 1 month on the 12th of this month.  So far, Chi-Chi will sit spoken in English on command w/treat.  So far she is bilinqual w/that word.  In fact when she wants a treat w/o me offering whe will walk up to me & "sit" w/o me saying it.Smiley LOL

She fully knows her name & will "come" when I call her name unleashed & leashed.

Due to the critters around where I live I have to be very careful keeping her on a short leash when out in the woods.  I have the type of leash that can stretch out to 6 feet.  She chases every critter she sees.  She loves chasing the wild turkeys, rabbits, beavers & chipmunks.  Today she barked a fox back into its hole.  Deer they just look at Chi-Chi & go their merry way.  Chi-Chi does the same.  I also found another trail w/no critters.  This will be Chi-Chi's new trail.  I think it's a "bike" trail.  Saw numerous small bike tracks.  Bike trails are usually away from the critters habatat.

The other day she had a "play date" w/a very playful female lab.  Did not go very well.  Chi-Chi growled & barked the dog right back into her house.  I don't think she is "dog" sociable.  I noticed if we pass another person walking their dog, she growls.  I am going to have to work on her "dog" social manners.

I do know Chi-Chi does NOT have separation anxiety when left alone in my apt un crated.  I had an appt the other day & I did not want to take her w/me or leave her in her crate.  I ordered my Amazon DOT to play "Calm My Dog" music (soft classical music) on a 3 hr loop.  Knocked her out.  I left my TV on the "classical music" channel as a backup.

Told management what I did & apologized in advanced if there was any barking complaints.  Three hours later I came back-no complaints, a neighbor from my floor was in the lobby & told me she heard no barking.

Chi-Chi met me at the door tail wagging.  Apt was just as I left it. Nothing out of place. I gave her a "good dog" treat & took her for a long walk in the woods to her favorite "lets see what I can chase today" spot.

She still does not "play w/toys."  Kicks them out of all her beds & crate.  Still turns her nose up at peanut butter.  The only treat she gobbles up is freeze dried minnows.   Oh yeah, she likes mozzarella' cheese.  I give that to her as her dinner desert.  A whole tube!  She no longer hides her kibble since I've been mixing it w/chicken/veggie pate. 

Still refuses to use pee pads.  A trainer told me, it is extremely hard to train an adult dog to use pee pads if they never used one before.  I finally stopped trying when I found her sleeping on one that I had just spayed w/pee attraction. Smiley Embarassed I should be thankful that she only wants to potty outside no matter the weather.  Smiley Tongue

I ended up giving a neighbor half of my pee pads.  I wanted to keep half  "just in case."

This weekend, I am taking her for "back seat" car rides around the community inside the cat carrier.  I am bringing along a lot of her favorite treats if no barking.

Next week training:  "Stay!"  She responds to that command when I leave the house & she runs to the door after me.  She ignores this command when outside in Spanish & English.

Chi-Chi finally met Killa (my highly aggressive cat).  Up until now, they have been playing footsies because Chi-Chi had a contagious kennel cough.  Killa hissed, Chi-chi growled.  Killa went back to his room.  Chi-Chi made sure he stayed in the room.  When I closed the door, they played footsies.  I am going to have to take baby steps w/these 2. Smiley Tongue

All in all, Chi-Chi is doing better than expected.  Her house manners are impecable, loves to sleep/nap all day after her NASCAR speedway outings in the halls.  I have a Hispanic neighbor who is helping me making Chi-Chi bilinqual.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac  Man o Man,sounds like y'all living it up! Can I get a playdate? LOL

Don't think I ever seen those minnows. Hmm how's doggie breath after those?

I would save some pads too...you never know.

I think doggie & kittie gonna be so intrigued with each other when they finally hang out,they gonna have loads of fun.

So glad everything going well.

Honored Contributor

@red&curly   Smiley LOL There is no doggie breath.  Those freeze dried minnows are like potato chips for dogs.  I get them from Chewy.....

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at Fri, Jan 8, 2021-4.13.33 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif