Honored Contributor

Marnie, Internet Famous Pooch Has Died

Marnie the Dog -- the Internet-famous pooch who was known for her tongue-out expression -- has died.

The Shih Tzu's owner, Shirley Braha, announced the tragic news Saturday on Instagram, writing ... "It is with much grief I share the news that Marnie passed away painlessly & peacefully in my home on Thursday afternoon at the age of 18."

She continued, "Her comfort had been notably declining over the past few days with little hope for improvement and she let me know she had had enough. She enjoyed her chicken until the very end." Braha goes on to thank everyone for embracing Marnie, explaining how her dog put her on the journey of a lifetime and how grateful she was for the love.

Braha ends her tribute post with a bit of info, and somewhat of a forewarning too ... saying Marnie will be buried at a pet cemetery in L.A., adding there'll hopefully be a public memorial for her whenever it's safe to hold one, in light of the coronavirus and all.

Marnie was adopted from an animal shelter in 2012 at the ripe age of 11 years old. Soon after, she went on to achieve viral fame because of her freakishly long (but super cute) tongue, which inexplicably hung out of her mouth at almost all times.

She once shot down an invitation to the "World Dog Awards" because, apparently, Marnie and co. felt she was too big for it. She might've been right -- Marnie got her own book deal at one point.

The doggo was 18 years old.

RIP, Marnie.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Marnie, Internet Famous Pooch Has Died

Rest In Peace sweet baby 😘

Honored Contributor

I heard that this morning.  What a good life Marnie had after she was adopted.  That's a long life for a dog.  I wonder how she ended up in the shelter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  How sad!  What an adorable and sweet dog. She will be greatly missed.

Boy, these YouTube animals, after a time, become loved ones, too. I follow "Dixie Din" and absolutely Love 💕 him!!!! He is the most adorable and smartest dog on You Tube, in my opinion. He just turned 10 and I hope he still has 10 more years of videos!! 

F/N/A luvstogarden