Valued Contributor

4c26c1d1d079cdc43042aff98f9b7670.jpg My new rescue, a sweetie pie from Heaven. A little Malti-poo.

Trusted Contributor

Awww, so cute!  Congratulations!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!    Your baby is adorable!    What's the name and how old is he/she?   

I have a friend who fosters for the American Maltese Assoc Rescue.    She has 10 of her own babies, Matese and Yorkies and a permanent blind.deaf Maltese foster.   

Honored Contributor

What's the name of your new baby?  

My daughter just 3 days ago adopted a new furbaby (dog).  She's amazing!  She's only 5 months old and is an Akita and something else.

Honored Contributor

Awwwww, she's so cute.  Love poodle mixes; no shedding and lots of personality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: MY new rescue baby

[ Edited ]

Ha! "baby" here is an 8 year old Maltipoo, although he is seeming more Malty. His name is Sammie. This was his shelter name and I let him keep as he responded to it well and I didnt want to stress him. He is a stitch.

The absolute funniest thing he does is jump on my bed, then get under the covers...then he keeps going. Oh yes this little terrior is looking for that "dirty rotten rat" and his ferocious little growl tells me he means business. He is FULL of personality and has really rallied the troops since we lost our beloved a few months back.

Any other Malty moms here?4c26c1d1d079cdc43042aff98f9b7670a.jpg

Valued Contributor

P1120969.JPG

Sammie plays dead...hoping that rat comes out...........

Trusted Contributor

OMG that is cuteness overload! I want one too.

Congratulations on your new family addition @blankette!

Valued Contributor

Awww, thank you ! I think he was heaven sent really. I lost a dog suddenly in Feb after he got a medicine that made him sick, 12 hours after a vet appt, dead on my bed. I honestly am ashamed to admit but I was getting almost you know, not wanting to go on my grief was so heavy. I  was in a bit of a haze. I saw Sammie online at our Humane Society, normally they go almost immediately when they are this cute..but a person took him home and he and the other dog did not hit it off so he was returned the next day.

He has been there 3 times, although I think his middle owner of 6 years may have died or something? They wont tell me and and say they have no record of middle owner. Weird   eh? I do not think he was abused, he is very trusting, will let me pick him up just like a baby, stays on his back. I tell you it is so cute, I can't stand it! Yes, you must get one too, but make sure it is when they can be with you most of the time because they do not leave your side much.

Trusted Contributor

That's why we are currently mattresses to 3 CATS! We are not home enough to keep a dog. That may change when hubby retires. I know one of our cats likes running around with small dogs.

Sounds like this little guy was just meant for you. We too know the loss of a furry family member. And yet when we've brought home a new cat from our local shelter it's such a joy to have that new life running or lounging around the house.

Doesn't matter what that Sammie had 3 prior owners; their loss is YOUR GAIN - and HIS. :-)