Respected Contributor

MY TEASPOON HAS HEART PROBLEMS 😥

20190717_202421.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY TEASPOON HAS HEART PROBLEMS 😥

What  a cute pup! I hope your vet can help!  I’m so sorry. 

Respected Contributor

What a cutie. So sorry you’re both going through this.

Respected Contributor

so sorry to hear this ... hopefully your vet can help

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin.  Darling little dog.  Hope his/her problems. Can be fixed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to hear that.  Your baby is so cute and sweet looking.

I also have a pup with heart problems..three leaking valves.  I also think my second pup is showing signs of heart trouble too.  Have an appointment to check her out.

The diagnosis first caught me off guard and I panicked.  My dog takes medication and is still around acting like her old self.  She will not get better, but the progression has been slowed down....hopefully for many years to come.

i am just so happy that in the present, I can still love her and she still loves me.  We take each day as a blessing.

i hope your baby can be helped with meds too.

Respected Contributor

Took her to Vet last week with Gabriel for his annual vaccines, and wanted her checked out again.   She has some growths we had checked last October,  but Vet said they're benign and didn't want to fuss with her at her age, shes 14.  But one of them got bigger, and sometimes bleeds, and I hate seeing it on her.  So vet said he'll have to run some tests and make sure shes ok to remove it, and he'll tidy up her teeth as well.   But I told him shes been coughing every now and then,  so he found she has a heart murmur, level 3.  So we did xrays...and it shows her heart is enlarged, and has fluid surrounding. 

So its congestive heart.  Shes on 3 meds now, and just finished an antibiotic for the growth, as it looked a bit infected.   Been 1 week on meds, growth looks much calmer, and smaller,  but we had to a blood test to monitor meds for her kidney's.   They read high, mostly due to age, and diet.  She'll stay on the 3 meds for rest of her life, and monitor every 3 mos.  Shes also on prescription diet,  and no salt in anything.   I cried a little,  but I know what's ahead, and I have to accept it.  Its what we sign up for, having pets...would have it no other way.  I lost 2 of  my dogs last year, my amazing Lab, Maverick,  and my mixed pit, Lucy, both died within 8 weeks of each other...so unexpected, and such a HUGE BLOW!!   So now Teaspoon stirs up some sadness, but I'll say, shes one little toughy, and so far, holding up well, and eating like a champ!   Keeping stress down, and spoiling her more than ever😍.    Thanks everyone for listening!!

Valued Contributor

@Dazlin  Look at that adorable face! So sorry to hear this. Hopefully your vet has given you great help. My poodle had congestive heart failure (he did ok well diet and meds). I understand and wishing you&teaspoon the best. 

Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin 

I'm very sorry for you both.  I truly hope your Sweet Teaspoon will either be healed or at least be able to live with a good quality of life. Please give her a HUGE hug for me.

Bless her little heart ..

(I'm particularly attached to your pooch as she's a reminder to me of a former neighbor's dog, Sweet Fiona, who's almost a look-alike of Teaspoon.  I was Fiona's dog-sitter for several years while her Mommy worked.)'

Please update us on Teaspoon's health.  I'll keep you both in my prayers. Thank you,

Honored Contributor

Look at that adorable little teaspoon full of love!  We love our precious pets so much...they give us unconditional love and we suffer so when they hurt.  Sending wishes for recovery and health.