Regular Contributor

Re: MY FURRYBABY HAS CANCER - LAST UPDATE

I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet Jade. Stay close, take some pictures and always remember the love and joy she gave to you over the years you have had with her. My entire family will pray for both you. God Bless.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme

Thanks for the update on your shadow.

I have had the doggie steps for a few years and

my old dog did use them.

My shadow also continues to use them.

a thought...

maybe Shadow wasn't allowed in his past life to jump up on beds!! He might have been taught not to.

My shadow isn't allowed to because i fear he will hurt himself...he can't jump up that high and i am afraid even if he could  he still  want to jump down and hurt or break his little legs,etc.

but he can get on my couch with /or without using the doggy steps.I hope i explained myself ok and made sense.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam

Thanks.  Shadow just totally ignores the stairs.  You're lucky your Shadow uses the stairs.  How did you train him?  Shadow-Jaden just ignores them!  However, even though the bedroom looks very awkward, I'm leaving it that way 'cause it's much better every nite - he still likes me to get down on his bed with  him and we kiss, cuddle and hug and play; to Shadow, this is our special time and has become a nightly ritual and this arrangement gives us a lot more room.  As far as the car, I'll just have to lift him - good for the arms, they won't get flabby!

He did jump onto the bed when I put his ball by the stairs.  He liked looking out the windows and sniffed like Jade always did.  Guess there's a lot of smells in the woods that they pick up on.  And, he does like sleeping in his own bed!  Sometimes, after I'm asleep, should I waken, he just might be found on his kitchen bed (a beanbag type bed I had gotten Jade) snuggled up with a blankie!

Contributor

I am sending prayers your way, I am so sorry to hear what your going through, I just lost my dog about 1 month ago, he just got very ill, he had problems breathing, he had heart failure, amoungt other things, he was 14 yrs young, so i had to put him down, and I still think about him every day, I know it is very hard to watch your furbaby suffer, I hope he pulls through all the best.