Esteemed Contributor

MY DAD'S CAT HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I didn't know whether to continue on my other thread, or to start with a new one, but I wanted to share the good news!

All afternoon I have been worried about where my dad's cat was, as I couldn't find her, and had assumed that she got out.

I searched high and low, inside and out, several times, many times, multiple times, over and over again, I would search the same places.

No Christie.

I dreaded telling my dad that his cat couldn't be found, because he LIVES for that cat.

I went to pick up my dad from the local VA clinic, where the shuttle was dropping him off. (He had to go to the VA clinic in San Francisco to have skin cancer removed from his ear.

I told him what happened in the car on the way home.

Once home, I got his bags, and he started calling for Christie.

I opened the door to his apartment to set his bags down, and much to my surprise and overwhelming relief, there was Christie in her favorite box underneath a chair!

At first, I thought I was just imagining it, but nope, she really was there!

I searched every nook and cranny of that apartment several times, but I could not find her.

I even looked inside the chimney at least three times, and didn't see her.

But, she has been found.

Crisis over.

I can finally relax now.

Thank-you for all of your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.

They really, really ment a lot!

Thank-you again!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY DAD'S CAT HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!

I feel your relief!!!
I know what its like to search the house, going methodically room by room, including every closet & cupboard, finally wondering how the cat could've possibly slipped out without me seeing it. Then it just walks past, while I stand there wondering where the h e l l it was hiding all day.
Trusted Contributor

I’m so glad to hear the good news!  I don’t post much, but read a lot and came back just now to see if she was found.   I was thinking about you all since you first posted.

i took care of my Dad for a long time, so I was really hoping your Dad didn’t have to go through something so sad.

take care 

Trusted Contributor

Great news.  When my own cat wants to hide, he can really hide.  I know how you must have felt.  Thanks for updating with the good outcome. 

Trusted Contributor

Great news! I'm so glad Christie is all right. Praise God that your story has a happy ending. 😸

Honored Contributor

I've lost three different cats, all indoor cats, in my own home!  Became convinced that they had been let outside, accidently.  

With two of them, I learned where they had been hiding.  Never did figure it out with the other one.  

Glad yours has been found 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2-Yea!!!

I am so happy!!

Thank you so much for telling us!

I am so happy for you and your dad and Christie!

Now I will go to bed happy! 

Happy tears cause I'm sure I wasn't the only one to worry about her and your dad. That was just too sad for her to be missing!

We can't have that!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

So relieved to hear your happy news.  I thought about Christie all evening.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Oh thank goodness.  It would be heartbreakiing to not know where your beloved pet was. Twice as bad especially in this awful weather we are having. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  Yea!  When in doubt check the boxes!