Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY BELOVED SAMANTHA IS AT THE BRIDGE =^..^=

I’m so sorry @beastielove  But what a life you gave your girl Samantha.  Hugs

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove 

Dear friend, my heart aches because yours has shattered so. I'm so very sorry for your deep loss.

When I read, then re-read, your gut-wrenching account of Samatha's passing but also her role in your life, I'm reminded of Hemingway's quote that cats have emotional honesty. And so it was and forever will be with your beloved Samantha.

You and Samantha share a bond that time and space can't break--because of you, and because of her.

She chose to love you because you chose to love her, as simple and as profound as that. She lay her heart and soul open to you--emotional honesty--because in you, she saw a champion for all cats, but also and most importantly a champion just for her.

All cats need that champion--the person who will fight for them, care for them, protect them from danger, snuggle them, adore them, light their worlds with play and comfort and joy. You were hers. She knew this, knew that you cherished her as she was, in all that she was over the years.

The pain is endless and raw and deep, I know. You and I have been through some mighty kitty losses for literally more than a decade now. With our older ones or those we know are failing, we think we'll be ready, that the inevitable will come sooner at that stage--but the truth is, we're never ready. There's never enough time.

You feel her absence acutely. But through your broken heart, try to remember that she is never far from you because you carry her within you forever.

When you feel a light tickle at your face, it's her angel whiskers brushing by. When you hear a soft patter on the floor near your bed, it's her insisting on time for a cuddle. When you feel the pressures inherent in giving shelter to more cats in your charitable work, it will be her whispering to you, "Thank you for saving me, Mommy. Thank you for saving us all."

And when you feel your heart grow heavier with sorrow, it will be her saying that her soul didn't just take flight--it soars. Higher than the sky and higher, always and always. Because you live in her heart and she lives in yours. Because you saved her and she, in her way, saved you, too.

Godspeed, dearest, most treasured Samantha. Your Mommy is one of the kindest and finest to walk this earth. But you knew that, didn't you, sweetheart. God put the right lady in your path--and you in hers--so long ago.  HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove 

At times like this, words always seem to fail me. I wish I knew the right words to say that would comfort you and ease your pain. I wish you the most sincere of condolences on the loss of your beloved kitty. 💔😿

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@beastielove 

I am sorry.  What a lovely tribute to Samantha.  I'm sure she'll be comforted by all her feline relatives until she (and they) are with you again.😿

5745728B-D357-4F60-A3B6-568145594B76.jpeg

This has me 😭😭😭😭

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@beastielove  I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Samantha. She, and all your other kitties, were so lucky to have you as their mommy.💕🐾

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear this, all my best to her wonderful mom.

You be sure Maggie is getting caught up on the news and getting a nuzzle kiss 🐈

Honored Contributor

@beastielove  What a beautiful story of  Samantha you shared. ThankYou. I wish you peace. It is never easy losing our dear sweet pets. You are a wonderful pet Momma. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@beastielove 

So sorry for your loss, glad you could be by her side as her spirit lifted. I share with you hugs and tears 💗and love for all our animals. 

Respected Contributor

Dear @beastielove 

I'm so sorry to learn of the heartbreak & pain you're going through.  Your tribute to your Sweet Samantha (along with all of your other past & current kitties) is very touching.  It's obvious what a wonderful "Cat Mom" you are & how you hold each & everyone of your kitties near & dear to your heart. 

Feel peace that Samantha has joined her sister Maggie at The Bridge & are filled with joy to be together once again.  Feel comfort they'll always look down upon you  with nothing but love & thanks to you for a wonderful life with you.

You have a huge heart.  Blessings & (((hugs))) are being sent your way from my 2 girls Ginger & Fluffy & myself.  Please take care.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@beastielove 

I am so sorry for your loss.

Peace & Light To You and Samantha. 💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras