Honored Contributor

MORE SNAKES FROM SO MUCH RAIN

[ Edited ]

While outside in his yard, our neighbor’s dog was bitten by a copperhead snake. He came back in unable to move his swollen leg. After being rushed to the vet, treated and a few day’s stay for monitoring, he came home yesterday. He’s still in pain, but seems to be recovering.

Our neighbor was kind enough to send an email of Louie’s fate with a warning about the danger of snake bites.

Our area has seen weeks of rain and flooding. The vet warned to be aware of snakes that could be lurking in the under brush.

Trusted Contributor

Re: MORE SNAKES FROM SO MUCH RAIN

Oh no!  Thank goodness the poor dog will be ok!  So sorry to hear about that. I am a big lover of furbabies and always upset to hear one has been hurt.

I live in a hilly area and it is "snakey" to begin with.  This has been a really bad Spring /Summer for seeing them and all these downpours just make it worse !

I stay half afraid to walk out the door.   I would rather walk outdoors to a bear than a snake.  Absolutely terrified of them!

* IF it were up to me , I would be in North Alaska.  lol

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Copperheads are so well camouflaged that it's easy to not see them.  My dh and I rented a small farm outside of Houston when we first married.  I went out after dark one night to feed the dog.  As I placed the bowl on the ground, I looked under my arm and there was a small copperhead.  When he came home, he went out and looked around among the dead leaves and killed two.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Copperheads are aggressive, too.

You can just be walking by, minding your business & they strike

Honored Contributor

I could not deal with snakes. Glad there are not any around here.

I was watering out back this morning & something came running over towards me. It freaked me out. It was a baby bunny. LOL!!! Guess mama had babies under the shed again. The baby did not like me watering. It was probably wondering what was happening.

Respected Contributor

I HATE snakes!!! I'm in Florida and they're everywhere.