Honored Contributor

Nope. Don't look for a cute, posed photo with Molly's red bow I made and a big smile on her face or this beagle saying "Cheese"! I took her yesterday morning for a quickie walk around the Santa area...lights, Santa, crowds, noises, etc. I figured let's get the pups used to the environment before the photo op. 

She walked around for awhile until the mall police gave me the "No Dogs Allowed" spiel. Meanwhile, little dogs can be carried through the mall without an issue. Taking a chance of being asked to leave, I hoisted 20 pound Molly under my arm and continued her orientation. She seemed fine.

DH took her for her photo appointment at 5:30 while I finished cooking dinner. Well, the mall was more crowded at that hour. There was a chorus of high school kids complete w/ violins and piano in the Santa area. During the afternoon, in close proximity, they had also erected a "pop up store" with soaps, candles, bath bombs. Lots of fragrances to distract a beagle...a nose on four legs. 

She was put on Santa's lap and freaked out!!! She's not usually a barker, but wow! DH said she threw a "s**t fit" & he raced to pick her up. 

So, no photo of Molly on Santa's lap...not trying it next year either. May try the Easter Bunny, though. 

New Contributor

Re: MOLLY WITH SANTA LAST NIGHT

Molly's going on the naughty list.

Super Contributor

@Shanus   I do have a photo of a teary eyed 4 year old child (mine) howling while standing NEXT to Santa.

She hated clowns as well and at 40 yo still thinks they're creepy.

Dogs are excused as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RemDawg  Oh well, Molly is always teetering on the naughty list. 

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus   I do have a photo of a teary eyed 4 year old child (mine) howling while standing NEXT to Santa.

She hated clowns as well and at 40 yo still thinks they're creepy.

Dogs are excused as well.

@Maestra1   ...and that was before all the "IT" movies. 

Honored Contributor

Molly was angelic compared to what my mini Aussie would have been.  He doesn't like strange men or men at all.  He would have started growling and may have nipped Santa.  I avoid public places with him.  He's getting ashes and whips in his stocking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Molly was angelic compared to what my mini Aussie would have been.  He doesn't like strange men or men at all.  He would have started growling and may have nipped Santa.  I avoid public places with him.  He's getting ashes and whips in his stocking.

@Kachina624   Molly's great w/ people, especially gentle with children. I never worried about her with the granddaughters pulling her ears or tail. She sat quietly until they tired of that stupid game, but never turned her head or attempted to ******. Santa? Don't know why, just freaked her out! DH was smart to rush in and grab her up. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  Sensory overload, I'd guess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment