Honored Contributor

Now that Molly is 5 and seems to have stopped chewing/eating our furniture, we’re going to test her before purchasing new furnishings for what’s left of the sunroom. 

While in Seattle visiting dd, also has a beagle, she ditched her couch cover meant for protection from dogs. They have a non-slip backing, but always seemed to still slide  w/ little effort. She purchased instead a very lightweight, low pile, king size blanket (Target). It fits on a lg. sofa, tucks under the seat cushions and room leftover to fit and tuck under the back cushions. This is much less expensive ($38) than slip covers.

Hopefully, Molly will not attempt to chew or bite the corners of this blanket. So far, it’s been on there for a week or more & she lays down and no signs of damage. Each week, the blanket can be washed in our machine, tucked back in and see what happens. She’s been left alone for the day, too, & when I return, nothing. Poor Sadie can’t make it on the sofa herself anymore, so Molly is the deciding factor before  thinking about a new sectional sofa.The sunroom/family room/kitchen is our main tv & living area. No one uses the formal living room...wasted space. 

Go Molly. We’re counting on you!!! 🐶

Honored Contributor

Molly says, "There's nothing as yummy as a brand-new sofa".  She's undoubtedly bored to death by the old, washable blanket.

I have a beautiful coffee table my parents bought from an artist in New Hope, Pa.  It's a solid slab of walnut with a beveled "live" edge.  When I first got my Misty girl, at some point she chewed on a small part of the edge.  I've got to figure out how to sand out the damage and finish it to match the original which is a boiled linseed oil rubbed finish.  Misty stopped chewing literally overnight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Molly says, "There's nothing as yummy as a brand-new sofa".  She's undoubtedly bored to death by the old, washable blanket.

I have a beautiful coffee table my parents bought from an artist in New Hope, Pa.  It's a solid slab of walnut with a beveled "live" edge.  When I first got my Misty girl, at some point she chewed on a small part of the edge.  I've got to figure out how to sand out the damage and finish it to match the original which is a boiled linseed oil rubbed finish.  Misty stopped chewing literally overnight.

@Kachina624  I’ll read the part to Molly about “Misty stopped chewing literally overnight”. BTW, the corner of tables where Molly teethed on, I sanded down & used a combo of olive oil & touch of brown shoe polish until it matched.