Honored Contributor

Re: MOLLY’S FIRST TIME ALONE

@CamilleP wrote:

Shanus, wouldn't your breeder commit to taking back a puppy if something happened?  That was in all my puppy sales contracts when I was breeding.  I only ever had to take back one puppy, a year later, when the couple's kids became abusive and the dog defended herself.  She was my angel for the rest of her life!

@CamilleP   I’m sure the breeder would make those arrangements. If you’ve ever seen the face of a newborn beagle puppy, well...I’d just have to keep the entire litter. 😄

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Maybe it is time ,for a brother,or sister for her?

@goldensrbest Molly and I decline. She’s loving all the attention she shared with Sadie. I had to split so much time between my dogs the last few years taking extra care of Sadie. I’m seeing Molly’s personality come out, in a cute way, now that she doesn’t have to “mother” Sadie.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,

What a sweet girl Molly is, helping her buddy Sadie! She is precious! Thanks for posting,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yPcbdoylweQ/U4O9NflOQ_I/AAAAAAAAKXo/07qKyILJWCU/s1600/BeagleWish_10401903_10152092029411892_9089840829902494335_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   Did you ever consider a cat?  Cats dogs get along and cats are easy to take care of.  A kitten would be good and Molly would mother her.

@Katcat1   Hi. I had cats w/ my beagles growing up, but DH has a cat allergy....

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear of your loss; it's always heartbreaking.

Your gorgeous beagle baby is so pretty, I adore beagles. 

To my mind beagles look like pups their whole life.

Something about their soft forehead shape and soulful eyes, they just somehow keep a youthful look. 

Kiss her on that soft face for me - tell her it's a Kiss From Ko!

Respected Contributor

Molly is so pretty.  I'm happy to hear that the boarding facility took such good care of Molly for her first time alone.   

Respected Contributor

Believe me, Shanus, there are quite a few of the puppies I bred and placed in other homes that I wish I'd kept, too!  It's one of the hardest parts of being a breeder, letting those babies go!   There's lots of other hard parts, too, of course, but letting go of a little baby you brought into the world, trusting them to someone else, is TERRIBLY hard!

Trusted Contributor

@ShanusWhat a cutie, and what a loving Mom you are to your sweet  furbaby !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I’m so glad that Molly did well, and know how much you miss Sadie. 

My older Dog is 15 and the 6 year old will certainly miss him when he’s gone. They are like kids that don’t grow up. 

I’m too old for another Jack Russell puppy, too energetic! 

Enjoy your time with Molly, she’s adorable. I used to have Bassets. They were so large to lift I went to the smaller Jacks, but I love hound dogs!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

So sorry to hear of your loss; it's always heartbreaking.

Your gorgeous beagle baby is so pretty, I adore beagles. 

To my mind beagles look like pups their whole life.

Something about their soft forehead shape and soulful eyes, they just somehow keep a youthful look. 

Kiss her on that soft face for me - tell her it's a Kiss From Ko!

@MoonieBaby   I’ve always had 13” beagles, so even Sadie, who’s face had turned grey, still looked like a puppy. People usually ask, “May I pet your puppy”. Molly did a kiss from Ko! 💋