Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@Shanus 

Your Sweet Molly is just adorable.  I'm sorry for the bump on her head.

It would be nice if people were up front & honest in these instances.  It would help you from wondering "why, what, etc."  

I'm hopeful cute Molly heals soon & will be a good girl when you give her a bath next week.  Hugs being sent to Molly  Heart

Please keep us updated.  Take care.

@sceniccoast   I was just getting settled and ready for bed and gave her a Group Pet Lovers' Hug from all of you. She sends licks to all.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I hope Mol!y is going to be ok. She is really cute. I must say you are a better person than me because I would have let her know my mind. I would  have declined to pay for services and requested to be reimbursed on my vet bill. There is no excuse for poor service.

@elated   I'm sure she'll be fine physically. I'm hoping she wasn't spooked and will be OK when going to daycare, handled by vet techs for blood work, etc. If that's been affected, you can bet your ***, I'll be in Petco expecting to see that no longer employed. They are, by the way, fully refunding our payment for the grooming. The vet did not charge. The Vetinary Clinic is DH's client. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

How's the little patient?  

Mask   Mask   Mask

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus 

How's the little patient?  

Mask   Mask   Mask

Thanks for asking @Tinkrbl44 . She's OK, but not loving it when I touch her "boo boo" to apply her cortisone cream. There must be some big bruise under that bump!!! 

Honored Contributor

In all my years of having beagles, I've never had one that experienced a head injury. Good sense had me keep an eye an her all day Saturday and Sunday for any signs of dizziness, strange gait, lethargy and signs of concussion. The vet checked her responses in her big brown eyes which were clear. 

If she begins to sleep too much or act strange I'm supposed to call to have her checked again and slight chance of a CT scan done. That scared the 💩 out of me. So far, so good. 

Before I go to Petco to speak to the manager, get my refund and hopefully confront the groomer, if still employed, I need to be sure I stay calm. You never get anywhere losing your temper and not using your "inside voice". Oh, they'll get many choice words, but in a firm, quiet voice. That scares people more than screaming. They don't know what's coming next.  

It usually shocks people when there's a confrontation with me. They see a tiny women and assume "quiet, meek, gentle". Well yes, unless you attack/hurt my "cubs". Then my mama lion comes out. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus     I saw a 20/20 type show on dangers at places like Petco for grooming... groomers are not certified at all by states.. anyone can be a groomer even with no experience.... Petco has lawsuits against them  from pets dying in their care....

... I always used a mobil groomer myself with a dog I needed trimed and such.... I checked out their past clients and made sure that they had good feedback.  But, still... grooming your dog is pretty much an unlicensed area of the law...   Buyer beware!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus your Molly is a cutie! I didn't read all the posts, Petco should refund you the money you spent on the grooming services, that's the least they could do.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Shanus your Molly is a cutie! I didn't read all the posts, Petco should refund you the money you spent on the grooming services, that's the least they could do.

@Jordan2   Refund taken care of. Molly thanks you for the compliment. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus 

This post had me curious about licensing and my state (MI) has no license requirements for grooming!  I'm sure your Molly will fully recover, sorry that happened to her. 

Dog Grooming
Agency: Agriculture and Rural Development

Required State License(s):

No state license is required 

⚓️
Respected Contributor
I am sorry this happened. She is a cutie!

doxie