Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I hope that Molly is ok and that both you and your husband are, too.  I would never use Petco.  When we got Darcy, we did not know that she had a fear of water.  We did know that she had been in at least 5 shelters.  I took her to Petco for the works while we were at Costco.  We were going to go out to dinner, but I just had a feeling that we should stop in and see how things were going with her.  They had a rope around her neck and were pulling her across the room.  I asked what was going on and they told me that she was not cooperating.  I told them that she was gonig home right then.  They did not want me to take her because she was still wet, and I told them that I had a heater in the car.  Never again, and that has been at least 10 years.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Ok, so your dog got a bump on the head.  My dogs have done the going in or out of the crate when they get excited.  Guess accidents don't happen for some....always the victim.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   If this is not the first report on this groomer, they should be fired. I suppose a first offense is still considered negligence. Either way, they shouldn't be handling dogs if harm comes to the animal while in their care. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy    Really?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I'm thinking if it was accidental, the groomer would not feel guilty and take the time to explain how the bump occurred...."Molly jumped off the table & I couldn't grab her, so sorry this happened. Please call and let me know how she's doing", etc.?

Esteemed Contributor

Poor baby, she’s so cute but I’m so glad she’s ok. 

Respected Contributor

Shanus, So sorry for Molly. May that bump go away pronto and may she not be traumatized as we don't know the whole story.  This should have never happened, even if it was an accident. You must be extra careful when someone leaves you to care for their pets! You must take better care of someone else's, better than you would your own!  It's the groomers fault whether she meant it or not. My friends Yorkie's tongue was cut while being groomed. They called my friend and told her to meet them at the VET which was not her VET ( hers was the same distance from the groomer a 3 minute walk in the other direction.)  The call came in after they already arrived at the VET the groomer chose. I won't get into what happened  when her own VET saw Giant after the other VET did what he believed needed to be done as opposed to how Giants VET would have treated him. Giant was devastated and a piece of his tongue was gone forever!  This is a very chi chi place and you don't expect this kind of accident to happen. Their idea of compensation was the next grooming would be free and the owner would do it that time. Imagine? My friend told everyone in the neighborhood and we all either stopped going there or insisted the owner groom our dogs not the mutilator groomer!  She was eventually fired and deserved to be. Also the one free clipping was a dam insult to all of their customers! 
Shanus, You are a very good puppy parent. Don't listen to any negative posts. Sometimes Humans just suck....That's why God made PETS! 🐶 🐱 🦅  🐰 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Your Sweet Molly is just adorable.  I'm sorry for the bump on her head.

It would be nice if people were up front & honest in these instances.  It would help you from wondering "why, what, etc."  

I'm hopeful cute Molly heals soon & will be a good girl when you give her a bath next week.  Hugs being sent to Molly  Heart

Please keep us updated.  Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope Mol!y is going to be ok. She is really cute. I must say you are a better person than me because I would have let her know my mind. I would  have declined to pay for services and requested to be reimbursed on my vet bill. There is no excuse for poor service.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS   Such a supportive post. Thank you. Sorry for pain and injury any pet receives at the hands of others. BTW, negative posts are just that. I usually take them with a grain of salt IF I read them. 😜