Honored Contributor

The vet said Molly has a bump on her head...Duh!  He recommended cortisone cream 3 times a day and had to shave some fur off the area to make sure it was a bump & not a bite or infection.  He did say "If she didn't have it before grooming, but had it after, that's when it happened." She really looks scruffy now w/ a bald spot the size of a half dollar.

No cameras in the grooming area, so no proof. The Assistant Mgr. said he'll talk to the groomer to see what happened, but fat chance he'll find out anything. Why would the groomer admit to anything and be fired?

He knows Molly won't be coming back and of course I told him I'd make sure to relay the incident to anyone who said they planned to take their dog there. He was apologetic, but the harm's been done. Let's hope when DH or I try to bathe Molly next week, she isn't spooked. That's when I'll speak to the manager and demand more info. 

Someone mentioned beagles don't need a lot of grooming. That's true. Beagles have short hair, are easy to groom...no grooming, really. We do it ourselves in the laundry room sink. Molly's a 13" beagle who only weighs 19-20 lbs. and quite docile. We were really busy last week. Tax season for DH ended on the 15th and I had a jewelry order to finish and deliver, so didn't have time to get to it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain and anger @Shanus   I dropped off my Khloe at PetSmart before pandemic for grooming and the works. I paid $75 and by the time I got home whatever conditioner they used turned her skin red and she kept crying and scratching.  It was the worst two days for her.  I didn’t call but I never took her back.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I feel your pain and anger @Shanus   I dropped off my Khloe at PetSmart before pandemic for grooming and the works. I paid $75 and by the time I got home whatever conditioner they used turned her skin red and she kept crying and scratching.  It was the worst two days for her.  I didn’t call but I never took her back.

@qvcfreak   No one cares about our fur babies as much as we do. Sorry that happened to Khloe. There have been many reports about PetSmart groomers. You got off lucky.

Esteemed Contributor

It was after the incident with Khloe that I started hearing all these horrible stories @Shanus and Yes, my little girl was very lucky.  

I hope Molly is ok and it’s nothing serious. 🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

Re: MOLLY INJURED AT PETCO

[ Edited ]

@Shanus -

That is so upsetting! 

I hope Molly will be ok.

I would be so mad too.

I have not heard good things about pets getting injured at Petco's grooming.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Molly's shaved bump on her head.44D63176-0B66-46F5-B14D-71C0040412AB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

She is a cutie.

Contributor

Molly, Hope you feel better soon. God bless you!

Esteemed Contributor

Omg she's cuter than cute. Happy for you and happy for the cutie that it was nothing serious. Thanks for the follow up.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

The vet said Molly has a bump on her head...Duh!  He recommended cortisone cream 3 times a day and had to shave some fur off the area to make sure it was a bump & not a bite or infection.  He did say "If she didn't have it before grooming, but had it after, that's when it happened." She really looks scruffy now w/ a bald spot the size of a half dollar.

No cameras in the grooming area, so no proof. The Assistant Mgr. said he'll talk to the groomer to see what happened, but fat chance he'll find out anything. Why would the groomer admit to anything and be fired?

He knows Molly won't be coming back and of course I told him I'd make sure to relay the incident to anyone who said they planned to take their dog there. He was apologetic, but the harm's been done. Let's hope when DH or I try to bathe Molly next week, she isn't spooked. That's when I'll speak to the manager and demand more info. 

Someone mentioned beagles don't need a lot of grooming. That's true. Beagles have short hair, are easy to groom...no grooming, really. We do it ourselves in the laundry room sink. Molly's a 13" beagle who only weighs 19-20 lbs. and quite docile. We were really busy last week. Tax season for DH ended on the 15th and I had a jewelry order to finish and deliver, so didn't have time to get to it. 

@Shanus 

Aw ....   sorry about Molly.  Are you suspecting it was deliberate?   If it was something accidental, why would they be fired?