Trusted Contributor

Very sorry to read this. There's no plausible explanation for Molly's injury to occur other than what your gut is telling you. 

Poor thing. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I asked what's with the 4-5 stay at any groomer I've used. It seems they take multiple appointments for the same time period and they're crated until they dry. That's BS to me unless it's snowing outside. What's the idea of an appointment if they also crate them, a few at a time, and then groom them as they finish one?

The dog spends a lot of time crated waiting for the bath & then back in waiting to dry. Molly doesn't mind the crate, but just seems like wasted time...double or triple booking. It's similar to a salon I used to go to where the stylists had 2 appts. scheduled at the same time. While my color was processing, they did someone else's cut, etc. Sometimes I waited to get blow dried while she was finishing another cut! 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   You're right. You hear horror stories about groomers all the time. 

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Shanus I am sorry Molly got hurt at the groomer's......she can't tell you what happened, and you have to depend on the word of someone who may have been careless.  

I hope she checks out with no problems at the vet.  🌷

@alicedee   Molly probably could point to her head and tell me what happened, but she's not a snitch. Lol

Contributor

I would not go to petco for anything, even if it was free.  A groomer by the petco by me put a dog in the drying cage and went out to lunch.  Needless to say the dog did not survive.   I have a groomer that comes to my house just for nails, and I take my 2 to her shop for anything else.  My son sits inside and waits for my girls.  They love her and she is great with them.  Ask around and  see if you can find a private groomer.  There are also ones that come to you.   I would sue Petco  for neglect.  For a bump you could possably try a half a motrin.  It is a mussel relaxer.  Then have Petco pay all your Vet bills that incur for their neglect.  Would never darken their door again.

Valued Contributor

Our dog is fully groomed in an hour and a half to two hours depending on how much time lapsed between visits.They text me when she's done and I go get her immediately. It's a small privately owned business.

Valued Contributor

@m0rgan wrote:

I once saw a groomer hit my dog with a brush and that was the last time I took her and left her with a groomer.  I have a mobile groomer that I interviewed before hiring and told him about the last groomer.  I told him if he became frustrated with my dog to stop and bring her back in to me and not to finish.  He always told me she was the best girl and couldn't understand why the brush thing happened.  When at my house there was no other dog in her presence and had his total attention.  I know it was more expensive but worth it to me.  At first I had him come every 3 months, then increased to every 2 months.  Mobile groomers are easy to deal with.

@m0rgan They'd probably have to call the police on me, because I'd have knocked that groomer on his/her arse! 

Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

Our dog is fully groomed in an hour and a half to two hours depending on how much time lapsed between visits.They text me when she's done and I go get her immediately. It's a small privately owned business.

@embgm   Sadly our private groomers are still closed.

Honored Contributor

Re: MOLLY INJURED AT PETCO

[ Edited ]

@Gourmet   I'll hold off on any medication until she sees the vet. Definitely will NOT go back.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@embgm wrote:

@embgm   Sadly our private groomers are still closed.

@Shanus   Ours just recently opened. I'm sorry Molly was injured. I also didn't like the fact that at Petco the dogs were there for far too many hours. I hope Molly will be ok.