Occasional Contributor

MARTHA STEWART FLOCKED CHRISTMAS TREES DANGER TO PETS/KIDS

[ Edited ]

I got a Martha Stewart Flocked Christmas Tree in July this year.  Just put it up, then was worried about the possible danger to my pets.  Emailed customer service last night.  Just got a response stating they didn't have info from Martha Stewart, but did a Google search and have stated the flocked trees are dangerous to my pets.  Because I have until the end of January to return this item, that is what I will be doing, maybe sooner rather than later.  But wanted everyone to know about this issue.  Supposedly newer trees are to be made without hazardous materials, not only to pets but also kids, but QVC has no info on this particular brand or item.  So very sad, as I really liked this tree.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARTHA STEWART FLOCKED CHRISTMAS TREES DANGER TO PETS/KIDS

@Blitzens wrote:

I got a Martha Stewart Flocked Christmas Tree in July this year.  Just put it up, then was worried about the possible danger to my pets.  Emailed customer service last night.  Just got a response stating they didn't have info from Martha Stewart, but did a Google search and have stated the flocked trees are dangerous to my pets.  Because I have until the end of January to return this item, that is what I will be doing, maybe sooner rather than later.  But wanted everyone to know about this issue.  Supposedly newer trees are to be made without hazardous materials, not only to pets but also kids, but QVC has no info on this particular brand or item.  So very sad, as I really liked this tree.

@Blitzens,  before you send the tree back it might be worth a little time to contact Martha Stewart customer service and ask about the tree flocking.

Martha Stewart Living Home Decorations

Customer service  1 800-245-2217

Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

I don't have Martha Stewart flocked trees but I have Bethlehem Lights Woodland Flocked Trees all over my home. I have 4 of them and I purchased them several years ago. I habe 2 cats and the one picks the flocking off the trees, of course I chase her away but she has been doing this since I purchased them. No harm to her at all. 

Respected Contributor

I would say the flocking could choke the animal.  Whether it be a danger to their health is not the point.  If they inhale it they could choke to death.