Respected Contributor

Re: Love ❤️ of Vizsla’s

My brother adopted a Vizsla mix at our local humane society years ago.  Gypsy was a beautiful dog with a personality to match and lived to be 16.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful dogs. I love all hunting dogs that are in the sporting breed group.

Respected Contributor

We are currently Weimaraner owners.  We love them and have had several  My husband mentioned he is interested in a Visla.  To those of you who have been owners of both breeds, other than the size differences, could you please explain to me any differences in the two breeds?  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Luke & Grace  Such gorgeous dogs ~ the picture of the puppy on his way home is just adorable : )

Would you be so kind to share the type of seat belt harness he is wearing in that photo?  I have never used one of these before and am currently trying to research them.  Any advice or help would be appreciated Heart

Thanks !!

Are we expecting, @Irish1210Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs

Hi Friend........after losing our OES 3 weeks ago (so heartbroken), we are considering the prospect of another.  The house is so empty and lonely ~ just awful : (   Nothing can take his place, but a pup would bring so much happiness back into our lives.

So, to answer your question (which totally made me smile : ), yes, I think we are expecting Heart

Sweet of you to ask ~ Keep you posted : )

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@tends2dogs

Hi Friend........after losing our OES 3 weeks ago (so heartbroken), we are considering the prospect of another.  The house is so empty and lonely ~ just awful : (   Nothing can take his place, but a pup would bring so much happiness back into our lives.

So, to answer your question (which totally made me smile : ), yes, I think we are expecting Heart

Sweet of you to ask ~ Keep you posted : )

@Irish1210  Of course your guy can't be replaced, but the emptiness in your heart and home can be filled up again with love and happiness.  You know that I have been in your position (5 times).  We never waited very long.  It is hard to explain the joy of holding a new pup all the while having tears of remembrance running down your face for the one that is gone.  It is an emotional roller coaster for sure, but as that hole fills up with new love, things get better.  It is all part of the big picture of having a pet in your life.....the sad with the happiness.  I feel your pain because I remember.  It is a process and it sounds as if you aren't going through it alone.  It helps to have someone to remember with. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Your message is so beautifully and perfectly written Heart

I appreciate your compassion and understanding ~ you've been there.

Ultrasound sometime around Sept. 6th to confirm pregnancy and number of pups ~ excited : )

Thank you for the supportive words, Friend ~

Valued Contributor

@Irish1210   I always pause when I see that beautiful dogs face. We always had OES.I think we are beyond keeping up with one now. Also family deaths.I am so sorry for your loss. Are you craving pickles? Good luck!!

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom Hi Fluffy ~ Thanks for your kind words...................I love the OES breed, they are such clowns : )

Yes, pickles are on my menu ~~~~ ultrasound is this week Heart

Honored Contributor

Great looking dogs.  Laura Ingrahm has one, Jasper.  She shares many pictures and that dog has one happy life!  He's a bit of a character.