Honored Contributor

Re: Lost our sweet Mr. Bella 😿

@Kitty Galore -

That is so sad and I'm so sorry!

I feel like I was there reading your post.

Also my cat is 19 and I'm paying attention to everything you said.

It just is the hardest thing and I'm so sad for you all. Watching his brother is so hard too. It sounds like you all are giving each other all the love you can right now and that's the best thing you can do.

Take care and I hope the days ahead get a little easier and you will begin to feel your sweet Mr. Bella surrounding you with his spiritSmiley Happy🕊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss, @Kitty Galore .  This is the worst part of having and loving a pet.  Nineteen years of memories will help to lighten the load on your heart today.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope you will find comfort knowing what a loving home you gave him for so many years.  I've been a cat Mom for decades and it is always so hard to make that decision.  My oldest lived to be 19.  Take care. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry. Many hugs and love to you. I will be praying for you and your family. It's an even more awful thing at this time of year. Again, so sorry.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

My heart goes out to you.  It's always very sad when we lose our furbabies.  I'm glad you've had these many years to share with him & his brother.  They make for wonderful memories.

Try to keep those memories close to you & you'll find comfort from them.  Maybe this Christmas, try to take it easy.  Do as you feel is best.  If you're able to socialize, that may be what you need; if not, then enjoy being with your kitty.  A walk in the cooler, fresh air helps wonders.

Sending your Mr. Bella many prayers & to feel comforted by all of his new friends "At the Bridge."  Always remember, Mr. Bella will be looking down upon you all each day .. he has as much love for all of you as you do for him.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I posted last week thanking all of you for your kind posts.   I just wanted to include those of you that posted afterwards.  I SO appreciate it.   There is never a good time to say goodbye to our fur babies no matter when it is .   Just seems all the merriment somehow makes me sadder,  especially Christmas music which normally I Love!!!   We are doing a little better ,  so is Bella's brother ,  each day he is more himself thank God.  I have prayed for the intense pain to lessen and thankfully it has , it is a Blessing!   Still miss his little sweet face , especially when he jumped on my lap for belly rubs which he loved!    he will never be forgotten and I know I will cherish the good memories at some point.   Can't part with his things yet and I know this week when we get his ashes we will grieve for him all over again .  

Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Pom December 4th. That makes 3 pets in four months. Our Mitzi is not doing well. Se's on an antibiotic for diarrhea & chicken & rice diet. She misses her buddies terribly! She's only a few days from being 12 years old. I knew my dogs would go at about the same time. Our cat was brought to te vet for grooming in September & she passed away. She was only six! They must have over sedated her. She had very long fur. She was a stray. They estimated she was around 3 when we first took her to the vet. The four got along very well! I'm thinking of rescuing a cat after the holidays if Mitzi is okay.

Esteemed Contributor

@DAD wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Pom December 4th. That makes 3 pets in four months. Our Mitzi is not doing well. Se's on an antibiotic for diarrhea & chicken & rice diet. She misses her buddies terribly! She's only a few days from being 12 years old. I knew my dogs would go at about the same time. Our cat was brought to te vet for grooming in September & she passed away. She was only six! They must have over sedated her. She had very long fur. She was a stray. They estimated she was around 3 when we first took her to the vet. The four got along very well! I'm thinking of rescuing a cat after the holidays if Mitzi is okay.

@DAD   Oh my I'm so very sorry for your losses ,  can't even imagine  the pain of losing 3 pets in 4 months .   I understand about Mitzi missing her buddies,    going through that with our Bailee ,  he and mr. Bella were litter mates and inseparable all there lives.  It is heart breaking because they have no idea were there friend went. I pray that your Mitzi starts to feel better and the antibiotic starts working