Valued Contributor

Re: Lost my beloved fur baby

@demanda,please accept my heartfelt hug.I know it is painful.I have shared this before, but will again...I am Native American,we are taught that when we all pass, animals,human the same, like bits of dandelion fluff,we are free in the world ...We become part of everything,the sunset ,the trees ,every part of lifes beauty...Your precious friend is now part of lifes beauty...I hope you see that beauty  forever in lifes days. love Does not leave,only changes form..Hugs,peace,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss @demanda.  It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I’m so sorry about Sam !!  It’s so difficult to lose a pet ...  I lost my dog Max a year ago in August ...  I cried the entire day nonstop ... moment I woke until bedtime that night, and EVERYONE that called me that day had to listen to my sobs as I attempted to explain how special Max was to me and that life will never be the same without him ...  I look back now and have sympathy for those who called just to be nice ... I am sure those callers headed right to their liquor cabinet after the call !!

The first day is the most difficult but it will lessen as time goes by.  It’s so hard on us because our pets don’t have the same longevity that we do, so in life we go thru a few cycles of adjusting to their death and adjusting to a new pet.  It might take a few weeks, but I hope you will consider another pet ...  there are so many out there right now just waiting to be rescued and loved ...  I hope you can find a spot in your heart for another.  Someone once told me that “heaven is the place where all the animals you’ve ever loved come to greet you” ...  I LOVE that thought !!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@demanda I know how you feel......lost my pup 11 days ago : (

So sorry Heart

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you will find peace knowing what a loving home you gave her for so many years.  Take care.   Heart

Regular Contributor

This is the best forum ever.  You all are so generous with your comforting thoughts and hugs and advice.  You have no idea how much I appreciate all of these beautiful messages.  It does help that you all understand and relaet to how I'm feeling.  Thank you so very much for being so compassionate.  I really need it!

Respected Contributor

@demandaI'm so sorry at the loss of your beloved Samantha.  You had 18 years together.  Her whole little life she got to spend with you.  I'm sure she counted herself a lucky furbaby to have you near her with unfailing love all her life.  The tears will come and in time she will settle  warmly into that space in your heart that is hers alone.  Hugs to you.

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your loss, @demanda.  The pain is atrocious for sure!  Realize the depth of the pain you're feeling now, represents the depth of the very special love you and SamSam shared:  it might help you cope.  Sadly, the deeper the love, the deeper the pain - there is no escaping it.

You made the hardest sacrifice for SamSam.  You gave her peace as she will be happily roaming heaven, pain free, while waiting for you to join her in due time.  Rest assured, until then, SamSam is watching over you, always lovingly at her mommy's side.Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh my!  So very sorry.  They're our babies!

Sending you prayers.

Respected Contributor

@demanda

@doxie1 wrote:

@Shanus

I am so sorry for your loss. It is amazing to me each time I go through this how these animals carve a chunk out of my heart. Sometimes I think it is what makes room for another one. They way I am going I should be a dog someday! Be kind to yourself and take time to grieve. You can go to petloss and light a virtual candle or read some inspiring and tear promoting stories and poems. It is never easy to go through this and hopefully you will ge tto the point where you can be thankful for the time that you had eachother how ever short it was. You will never forget your pet.

doxie

I am so sorry. I put the name shanus instead of demanda. I don't know what my issue was! I am very sorry for all that lose their pets.

doxie