Honored Contributor

Re: Lost my beloved fur baby

@demanda  I know there is nothing worse that losing a precious pet and 18 years is a lifetime.  I am so sorry, there is nothing that makes it better as our loss is so great.  We pay such a high price for that unconditional love and joy, but I know we would never have traded for not having had that experience.  I am sending you much love and peace during this very challenging time.  It will get better, but we never forget our loving furry family members.  They are always in our heart.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all so much for your comforting thoughts and prayers.  It means so much to me.  That little girl ruled my world!!  I pray you all are right that time will make the pain less because right now it seems insurmountable.  Thank you all again for your kindness.

Trusted Contributor

My heart goes out to you and others who have lost their furbaby.   For those of us who give them our hearts, it is one of life's pains that hurts so much, it seems it just can't be true, yet it is.   We are so blessed to have been a part of their lives what little time we have them , yet I know how it hurts the heart when we must let them go.

I find some  comfort in my belief that we will see them again, one day .  Acceptance settles in but the pain remains.  I am so sorry.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

@demandaI am so sorry for your loss.  18 years is such a huge chunk of your life. 

It is just not fair that they have to go before we do because they are so much like our children.

Rest assured you will be with her again and she will be so very happy to see you.

Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

@demanda wrote:

Hi All.  I hope you don't mind if I share that last night I had to put down my beloved Samantha (SamSamI.  SamSam was part of my family for 18 years.  I could not go to work today.  I feel absolutely lost, lonely and my heart just feels completely shattered.  I keep expecting her to come running around the corner yapping at me.  She made my life so much better.  Thank you for letting me share.  I know I will heal in time, but man it hurts.

@demanda  So sorry for your loss. I know that in time your heart will heal...difficult now for you to see through to that time. Many of us have been there and come out on the other side...maybe still shedding a tear when having memories of our beloved pets. 💕

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I am so sorry for your loss. It is amazing to me each time I go through this how these animals carve a chunk out of my heart. Sometimes I think it is what makes room for another one. They way I am going I should be a dog someday! Be kind to yourself and take time to grieve. You can go to petloss and light a virtual candle or read some inspiring and tear promoting stories and poems. It is never easy to go through this and hopefully you will ge tto the point where you can be thankful for the time that you had eachother how ever short it was. You will never forget your pet.

doxie

Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry.   Sending an e-hug.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

You gave SamSam the best possible life she could have.

You treated her like a Princess.

Rest in the peace of your devotion.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

So sorry for you.  Many of us here know and share this pain with you. Totally understand.  We'll be thinking of you for many days to come. Hugs!

Honored Contributor

As many have said, @demanda, many of us feel for you as we have been in your spot often more than once.  The number of times makes no difference, of course.

Just know, too, that our pets are grateful that we understand when to let go.  

And continue taking care of yourself while you're hurting.  It will hurt maybe forever, but maybe not every moment of every day as time goes on.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.