Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal 

I am sorry for your loss. It is OK to cry. These critters sneak into our lives as pets and somewhere along the way they root themselves into our hearts and become family members. They sometimes behave better than family members.

Take time to be very quiet and still and I think you will feel his presence. Cherish the many memories you must have.

If you feel lost check out petloss dot come. There are many poems and essays and you can light a candle for him.

Try to remind yourself how much you enjoyed having him for the time you did. It sounds like  you were both blessed to have each other.

doxie

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal 

There are no words...so very sorry for the loss of your Toby.

The only consolation is knowing now that he's crossed the Rainbow Bridge, he is fully restored to excellent health and romping with other frolicking pooches.

My heart goes out to you.  Take care of yourself and allow the tears to flow.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal, I feel your angst; I feel your pain.  Just seeing your beautiful Toby's picture brings those feelings back to me.  I lost my precious Jade, an English Lab, to metastatis bone cancer a few years ago.  Toby's in a beautiful life, free of pain, and always watching over you and will always be at your side protecting you, that I can vouch for.

A couple years ago, I fell in the driveway and began sliding down it towards the street.  Suddenly, I was able to grab onto the shovel and get it into the snowbank before sliding into the street.  I felt no pain and I do have a problem knee. There were no red marks nor black and blues from this hard fall; and never any soreness or pain whatsover.  I was shocked 'cause I fell hard.  The next day, I went into the living room and the blind was pushed over, the way Jade used to catch it onto the window, to watch me when outside shoveling the driveway!

This past winter, Eddy suddenly screamed out!  I ran outside and he was lying in the snow, his rear legs looked like the pic the rescue had posted when he was paralyzed; the only difference being, in the pic his front legs were up - this time he was lying flat.  I totally freaked, afraid his spine got injured (he was found with a severed spine and pulled by the rescue).  Since I'm unable to lift him, I pulled him over to the back steps and pushed him up. When we made it into the mudroom, he pulled himself across the floor and dragged himself over the doorway into the kitchen.  He then stood up and began walking around, like nothing had happened!  (The floor is slippery - porcelean tile:  Eddy sometimes has trouble negotiating it due to his weak hind legs.)  After putting up with his momma, he got his ball and began running throughout the house!  Since no one can logically figure out how this happened, I realize Jade helped out her little 'brother'.  The vet concurred.  

I tell you this as proof to you that your precious Toby is still with and always will be.  Though it's hard not being able to pat, hug, kiss and just feel our furbabies, they are still with us.  The special love we've shared will always keep us together.  I know it hurts horribly, but Toby loves you and will never, ever leave your side

Unfortunately, the more we love, the more we hurt.  But, you are not alone - Toby is with you and happy to be released from the pain.

Very sorry for your loss.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal   

So sad about your loss.

It a pain that hurts so much.  Our fur babies give us so freely of their  loving, and just as they do, we give our hearts.

I have a special, deep love, for Yellow Labradors, something about them speaks to me, as Toby spoke to you.

I hope the memory of the times you shared will overcome the sadness as time heals.

{{{hug}}}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Sapphiregal, I feel your angst; I feel your pain.  Just seeing your beautiful Toby's picture brings those feelings back to me.  I lost my precious Jade, an English Lab, to metastatis bone cancer a few years ago.  Toby's in a beautiful life, free of pain, and always watching over you and will always be at your side protecting you, that I can vouch for.

A couple years ago, I fell in the driveway and began sliding down it towards the street.  Suddenly, I was able to grab onto the shovel and get it into the snowbank before sliding into the street.  I felt no pain and I do have a problem knee. There were no red marks nor black and blues from this hard fall; and never any soreness or pain whatsover.  I was shocked 'cause I fell hard.  The next day, I went into the living room and the blind was pushed over, the way Jade used to catch it onto the window, to watch me when outside shoveling the driveway!

This past winter, Eddy suddenly screamed out!  I ran outside and he was lying in the snow, his rear legs looked like the pic the rescue had posted when he was paralyzed; the only difference being, in the pic his front legs were up - this time he was lying flat.  I totally freaked, afraid his spine got injured (he was found with a severed spine and pulled by the rescue).  Since I'm unable to lift him, I pulled him over to the back steps and pushed him up. When we made it into the mudroom, he pulled himself across the floor and dragged himself over the doorway into the kitchen.  He then stood up and began walking around, like nothing had happened!  (The floor is slippery - porcelean tile:  Eddy sometimes has trouble negotiating it due to his weak hind legs.)  After putting up with his momma, he got his ball and began running throughout the house!  Since no one can logically figure out how this happened, I realize Jade helped out her little 'brother'.  The vet concurred.  

I tell you this as proof to you that your precious Toby is still with and always will be.  Though it's hard not being able to pat, hug, kiss and just feel our furbabies, they are still with us.  The special love we've shared will always keep us together.  I know it hurts horribly, but Toby loves you and will never, ever leave your side

Unfortunately, the more we love, the more we hurt.  But, you are not alone - Toby is with you and happy to be released from the pain.

Very sorry for your loss.Heart

@eddyandme 

Thank you. Toby gave me SO MUCH love - followed me everytime I left the room. I would always say, "you just stay here. I'll be right back". But, of course he would always follow me. When he would be out in the backyard and see me drive off, he would still be sitting by the gate waiting for me to come home when I drove back in. I want so badly to believe he is still somewhere and not just gone. How could God create such loving creatures and not let them continue to exist after their death on earth? They have to live on - I need him.  

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

I hope you’re doing ok today Sapphire- 💝

Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I hope you’re doing ok today Sapphire- 💝

Thank you.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Toby.

He was a beautiful dog and such a loving companion.  You did the right thing to help him cross the Rainbow Bridge.  It is an act of love.  I know there are no words to describe the loss of Toby.  I also know what a heartbreaking experience this is.  Just a total shock - we just never can imagine being without them.  Let yourself cry and grieve.  

Please know that Toby is in heaven now, free of pain, and watching over you.  You will be together again,  Try to take some comfort in that.

I just lost my beloved Lily two weeks ago.  That kitty was one in a million.  My constant and loving companion.  I miss her so and, like you, I am doing much crying and feel so sad.  We have her ashes now.  So you know you are not alone.  Take care, my friend.  Hugs to you across the miles.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

All my best wishes,

Respected Contributor

Related image

(((Hugs))) for you and your family.  

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Sapphiregal, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Toby.

He was a beautiful dog and such a loving companion.  You did the right thing to help him cross the Rainbow Bridge.  It is an act of love.  I know there are no words to describe the loss of Toby.  I also know what a heartbreaking experience this is.  Just a total shock - we just never can imagine being without them.  Let yourself cry and grieve.  

Please know that Toby is in heaven now, free of pain, and watching over you.  You will be together again,  Try to take some comfort in that.

I just lost my beloved Lily two weeks ago.  That kitty was one in a million.  My constant and loving companion.  I miss her so and, like you, I am doing much crying and feel so sad.  We have her ashes now.  So you know you are not alone.  Take care, my friend.  Hugs to you across the miles.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

All my best wishes,

Hugs right back to you, Pam. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Lily.Heart