Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know someday soon you will be blessed with your Happy Memories of your beautiful boy.  Hugs

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal , 

I am saddened that you are having to endure the loss of your boy. Losing a beloved pet is one of life's greatest heart aches for certain. I understand, and although you will miss him always, in time, you will hopefully look back at all the good times, and smile. 

6cbde43c8633076dbe9c54dda2348f84.jpg

Respected Contributor

Such a beautiful boy.  I am very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

Just remember, @Sapphiregal , you gave him a great life filled with love and affection.  Nothing compares to the unconditional love of our furbabies.

You are in my thoughts.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

My heart breaks for you over your loss.  As one who has been there many times, time does heal the hurt.  However, the memories go on forever. 

Take care.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

SapphireGal, I am so sorry for your loss of Toby, he was a lovely Labbie boy, I can see!  I have lost too many of my own dogs to cancers of various kinds, and it tears at one's soul, I know.  I hope that time will let you look back at Toby's life with you with more joy and less pain eventually, though I know very well it won't be soon.

Valued Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Hi SapphireGal:

I can feel your pain, sympathize and understand what you feel....

May your sweet boy feel the love and joy when he goes over the bridge, and may Our Lord hold you in his healing hands and help you deal with your grief and sorrow.

When time passes you may decide to adopt or buy another pet, if not your memories will become very cherished ones.

I have had the joy of having and the tears of losing many pets, dogs, cats, different fish in tanks, hamsters, canaries, parakeets, as well as one fabulous talkative cockatoo. They all filled my heart with laughter and joy, and were very devoted till the very end.

When the time came to ease their prolonged suffering they received the expensive shot which ends their suffering in under 1 minute,. I refused to have them placed in a gas camber which was cheaper. I believe that is a horrible terrifying painful way to die.

I held them in my arms so my voice and touch filled with great love was the last thing they heard before they went to pet Heaven. Then I released my sobs and rivers of tears. I stayed strong for them not to see my break down because that would only confuse and frighten them.

I believe our pets are among God's greatest gifts, and we humans are so blessed to have had and loved them, and if possible be able be strong enough to spend their last moments holding them, kissing them, and talking softly to them as they left this earth for a more Heavenly joyous place, where they can roam free, run to their hearts content, and play.

Wow this reply really made me cry as I remember, and will never forget any of them.

@GiantsLover 

Your post truly touches me. Thank you. I do pray there is a Heavenly place where they go when they have to leave us. Such loyal and loving creatures should not end. I once heard a well known pastor on tv (David Jeremiah) say that if your definition of heaven includes your pets being there, then they will be there. I so hope he is right. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

@sophiesofers 

Thank you.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost My Sweet Boy Today

[ Edited ]

Thank you to each and every one of you for your heartfelt replies. I have read each and every one of them.  I know, as fellow pet lovers, you all have experienced this pain, as well. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for helping me not feel so all alone. HeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

So very  sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will make your grief any less.  Just know that all of us who post here are grieving with you as most of us have felt that grief before. You gave your boy a good life and in the end you let him go to the bridge where there was no more pain.  My prayers are with you at this very sad time.