Esteemed Contributor

Looking for Dog Cookie Recipes

Want to start making my own cookies, due to the additives and country of origin of many dog cookies.  They say Labs eat anything and evrything - wrong!  My girl is a very picky eater and she like variety.  I'd be grateful (and Jade would too <woof, woof>) for some easy, tasty recipes.  Thanx. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for Dog Cookie Recipes

Check QVC receipes Carolyn Gracie and there were some there a while ago. I also have had luck with searching on the Food Network site. I don't make them simple because my daughter n law makes large batches for the pets in the family and the one shelter in our area. Good Luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, Fressa.  I tried one of Carolyn's recipes once and Jade wouldn't eat them!  I'll look again.  Never thought of checking the food network - will do.

How very nice of you DIL to bakes cookies for the shelter dogs also.  You are blessed to have such a wonderful DIL!

Occasional Contributor

There is a cookbook called "Three Dogs Cookbook" that is filled with all kind of recipes of cookies and even entres for dogs. You probably can find it online. A friend gave me my copy C;-)

Carla Young
Respected Contributor

I called an old friend of mine that made her own dog cookies and sold them at our huge city market a few years ago. They were a big hit and all natural.

If she calls me back I will get the recipe from her if you want it.