Honored Contributor

I found Frankie and Henry like this just now.  This is great progress!

IMG_0530.JPG

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Wow!

Way to go Frankie and Henry!HeartWe knew you'd get there!

Happy picture for you all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@NickNack - awwww!  They're officially buddies now!  May I ask how old your dog is?

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  Frankie will be six years old on September 24th.  She is just the sweetest girl.  I don't know why I ever worried about her chasing Henry.  She's never even attempted to do that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

so cute!

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  Frankie will be six years old on September 24th.  She is just the sweetest girl.  I don't know why I ever worried about her chasing Henry.  She's never even attempted to do that.

@NickNack - they are obviously very comfortable with one another now.  Great cat that will get that close to a dog.  Just the last couple of weeks I've found Story and Sedona on the couch together.  I think Story is comforting her old sister.  I've gotten pictures so I will always have those memories of the two of them. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack - they are obviously very comfortable with one another now.  Great cat that will get that close to a dog.  Just the last couple of weeks I've found Story and Sedona on the couch together.  I think Story is comforting her old sister.  I've gotten pictures so I will always have those memories of the two of them. 

@hoosieroriginal  I love bringing back memories by looking at pictures.  I've got two scrapbooks for my pets and a photo album.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures. They make my day.

Honored Contributor

Re: so cuRe: Look What I Found!

@NickNack

Too cute!Heart Progress indeed!

Makes me smile....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I swear to you, I was just thinking about your Henry.  He's just so cute.

I have two cats (as I've said).  One that's really cute like Henry is named Katie.  She is terrified of everyone and everything.  Most of my family have never seen her and I've had her for at least 5 years (I think).

Bill is the opposite.  He's sweet but just orange.  Everyone falls in love with Bill.  His personality is amazing and he will go to anyone.  A cute funny story (one of many about my Bill).

My friend is the Vet's nurse.  We are very good friends.  Bill has had urinary infections a lot lately, so he's on special food (ugh).  But we couldn't give him pills for the infection because they upset his stomach.  Anyway, she's had to come to the house and give him shots of Amoxicillin..  He hears the garage door and hides.  She's pretty good at finding him as she took care of my house when I was in rehab (for 1 month).  However, he's gotten too good at hiding.

Now she texts me when she's on her way and I pick him up and put him in the hall bathroom.  It takes her literally one minute to give him the shot.  We couldn't figure out how he knows she's on her way.  He's normally with me 24/7.  Then it dawned on me.  She comes in and out through the garage door.  He hears the garage door coming up and runs for the hills.

She and I are so proud of ourselves we've been able to out smart him!  Ha!  Incidentally, he's finally over the shots and today was the last time.  I have to admit I'm not quite as smart as I am leading you to believe.  I didn't figure it out (about the garage door) until I realized he didn't come to the downstairs door to greet me like he used to do....(he thought I was the lady with the shots). Ha!