Honored Contributor

Litter-Robot Open Air. Do you own one?

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at Tue, Oct 13, 2015-6.07.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-13 at Tue, Oct 13, 2015-6.08.41 PM.png

Price:  $429.00 faint.gif

Not to much info on the http://www.litter-robot.com on how it works.  Nothing on the testimonials either.

I did find a little more info on the Litter-Robot Open Air FAQ site though & found their video on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSdvYriphw

My house cat is 8 yrs old & is 20lb.  See a previous posting of mine on Automatic Litter Boxes.

I am only in the "thinking" mode of getting one.  If I do, it will have to be sometime next year.  I just need some "customer satisfaction" reviews to help me out in my FINAL decision.

If anyone has one, your review/comments?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: Litter-Robot Open Air. Do you own one?

I have an older cat and a kitten. Not sure if the older cat could get in it. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think it will work well for a larger kitty.  The opening doesn't look large enough.   My boy was a larger kitty in his younger years and I tried all the litter genies, etc.  They aren't made for larger kitties.  Litter box and scoop worked better.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I don't think it will work well for a larger kitty.  The opening doesn't look large enough.  

In the video the opening is huge!  More than enough room for a 20+ lb cat. 

I found one on the BBB website which states:  "27 lb. weight capacity"

Honored Contributor

Holy cow.  My cat was always too big for any of those things that made litter boxing easy.  He was 18lbs at his highest, but he is also a tall cat.  He had problems with things with lids.  I wasted a lot of money searching, but no more.  I hope it works well for you.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Holy cow.  My cat was always too big for any of those things that made litter boxing easy.  He was 18lbs at his highest, but he is also a tall cat.  He had problems with things with lids.  I wasted a lot of money searching, but no more.  I hope it works well for you.

So is mine.  Very long legs. 

My cat fits in the litter box I have now w/no problem & the entrance is smaller than the Open air one.  So I do not believe there will be a problem.