Honored Contributor

I read his story two days ago. A man dropped him off by a recycling bin at the Kentucky Humane Society in a box with holes poked in it. "Found, help me" was written on the side of the box.  He is about 6 -8 months old, emaciated, with Parvo. He is now in the care of an emergency veterinary center, but is in bad shape. I asked DH about it. He said with good supportive care he may make it. But the other problems he has are a problem. DH's prognosis is "guarded." I just think this little guy has been hurting for 6 months or so. They have the picture of the man dropping him off on a security camera at 12:30 a.m. Who knows how he came to have him? 

Someone on Facebook posted what I believe : he deserves to get better so he can feel the love he hasn't had. 

"Liam" is an Irish name that means "guardian." You can read his story at the Kentucky Humane Society webpage and Facebook. Please pray for him and keep him in your thoughts. I know this will make a difference, and maybe little Liam will feel the love coming his way!

C849C608-45D8-4D16-8BBA-B3EA387226E5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Looks like the poor baby also has mange, he must be so miserable, with mites chewing on his skin and causing seconday skin infections.

At least the man had the decency to seek help for him rather than abandoning him on the side of the road or killing him.

Praying Dog.jpg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Sweet boy.  Praying he has a bright future with a loving family.

Esteemed Contributor

Those eyes tell a sad tale. 

Hope he finds someone to love him.

Respected Contributor

This kind of thing should never happen.  I believe there is special punishment for those who neglect and abuse animals and humans.  I am sending prayers to and for Liam.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

This kind of thing should never happen.  I believe there is special punishment for those who neglect and abuse animals and humans.  I am sending prayers to and for Liam.

@Jk9 

There is no punishment adequate enough for this kind of trash!!  Someone once told me to beware of people who don't like animals or children.

Esteemed Contributor

This picture breaks my heart.  I pray Liam can recover and be adopted by someone who loves him with all their heart.

Please keep us up to date on Liam’s progress.

Super Contributor

And this is exactly why I am against those who buy only purebred puppies and thereby support dog breeding. Or at least I'm less than enthusiastic towards those who want only a specific breed and are closed off to pleas of "adopt don't shop".

I continue to encourage checking out shelters for your new family member.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

And this is exactly why I am against those who buy only purebred puppies and thereby support dog breeding. Or at least I'm less than enthusiastic towards those who want only a specific breed and are closed off to pleas of "adopt don't shop".

I continue to encourage checking out shelters for your new family member.

@MrsSB   That's a bit harsh. My daughter has adopted all her beagles from shelters and it's been quite expensive to keep up with all their health issue and mental shortcomings and sometimes too skittish to train. There are people who purchase their dogs from reputable breeders and prefer a pet that doesn't come with unexepted issues. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I never opened this thread.  I can't unsee the hurt in that precious face, the betrayal.  Cruelty and insensitivity to animals just drives me insane.  This kind of thing stays with me and tortures me.

The only bright spot are the heroes who try to undo what has been done.  Bless them all. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth