Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lassie Family Portrait - What a handsome family

18?!  That's almost unheard of.  My collies all passed at 11, except for one who died of cancer at 7 and one who died at 2 (she was mentally challenged and had many health issues).  I did have one dog who made it to 16, but she wasn't a collie.

Valued Contributor

Wow - I remember watching 'Lassie' as a little girl on tv.  I would always burst into tears when Lassie was stuck in a well, etc., and my dad would always scream at me for crying!

Respected Contributor

@Ronettes wrote:

Wow - I remember watching 'Lassie' as a little girl on tv.  I would always burst into tears when Lassie was stuck in a well, etc., and my dad would always scream at me for crying!

@Ronettes  I also cried while watching Lassie, and my mother would try to turn it off.  I'd then cry louder to keep it on.  Today, I cannot watch any show/film in which an animal is in danger, even make believe.  

I had a stuffed Lassie which I probably still have in a box.  I also have a picture of Lassie and Johnny Provost, signed by both!   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Valued Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@Ronettes  I also cried while watching Lassie, and my mother would try to turn it off.  I'd then cry louder to keep it on.  Today, I cannot watch any show/film in which an animal is in danger, even make believe.  

I had a stuffed Lassie which I probably still have in a box.  I also have a picture of Lassie and Johnny Provost, signed by both!   

Wow - signed by Lassie!!

To this day I cannot stand to see an animal hurt, my husband and I took care of all the strays in our area for years, taking them in to be spayed / neutered and brought them back.  Feeding them and taking all babies and friendly strays in to the animal shelters to find homes, if we could not find homes for them.  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla Thanks for posting!  I just saw the same photo on my Collie FB group! 

Respected Contributor

@Ronettes wrote:

@luvzchiz wrote:

Wow - signed by Lassie!!

To this day I cannot stand to see an animal hurt, my husband and I took care of all the strays in our area for years, taking them in to be spayed / neutered and brought them back.  Feeding them and taking all babies and friendly strays in to the animal shelters to find homes, if we could not find homes for them.  Cat Happy

@Ronettes   Thank you for taking care of the strays.    Are you my sister from another mother?

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

I am in LOVE!!!  Collies are my absolute favorite dog!  What a beautiful photo!