Honored Contributor

Re: Labradoodles, a trim & shyness

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Our beloved Katrina survivors (Himalayans) had to be shaved, as they were drenched & coated with black petrochemicals .  We did not cut the high boots, ruff, or tail, these smart, brave, very attuned brothers were clearly embarrassed 😞.   But they persevered. ♥️  They left us last Spring - 6 weeks apart.

I miss them so much

Give Henry a kiss on the nosy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Our beloved Katrina survivors (Himalayans) had to be shaved, as they were drenched & coated with black petrochemicals .  We did not cut the high boots, ruff, or tail, these smart, brave, very attuned brothers were clearly embarrassed 😞.   But they persevered. ♥️  They left us last Spring - 6 weeks apart.

I miss them so much

Give Henry a kiss on the nosy

@Drythe   Oh, how sad that they were coated like that.  It's wonderful that you adopted them.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Another designer dog, i have seen quite a few, they vary so much in height, and looks.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda   It's funny you'd bring this up. I have a friend with a big, loveable sheepdog.  She of course has to get him trimmed periodically or he'd look like the wooly bully.  One time she had him cut to look exactly like a standard poodle.  You could tell he was soooo embarassed (he must have seen himself in the mirror), but I thought it was so cute!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My poodle used to act like you describe when I trimmed him....like he didn't want to be seen in public.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment