Respected Contributor

LUNA WENT TO THE RAINBOW

[ Edited ]

Luna, my sister Margaret's 4 year old German Shepard had to be put down tonight. She was diagnosed last Sunday with bladder cancer. She was a very beautiful, special needs little girl. My sister rescued Luna from a family that was puppy milling and abusing. Luna was injured some how in the "care" of these creeps! She needed attention all the time and my dear sister gave it to her. She had to wear a diaper all of her life because of her condition, but she lived 4 beautiful years and had unconditional love and attention beyond measure! She was able to live her short life playing happily in her NJ backyard, with her brothers Logan and Ghost. I am writing this because my sister is a very special, loving, Puppy Mommy, who took on a very hard job and did it without giving it a second thought, and with pride!  It was her pleasure to take care of this beautiful little girl. I would like to thank all the puppy/kitty/and all other beautiful creature parents, who are out there, loving and caring for their fur babies. Keep up the good work and keep loving your pets. An extra special shout out to all those loving and caring for special needs pets! You are the best. Margaret, if you're reading this...Everything you did was appreciated by your beautiful Luna. Know she really felt the love you gave her, and loved you back even more. It was beautiful to witness the love between you and Luna! I'm feeling your pain tonight. God bless you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LUNA WENT TO THE RAINBOW

@KBEANS  I was so touched by your story.  I'm sure the years of joy that your sister gave to Luna were an inspiration to everyone who knew them.  Luna was a lucky girl to have found your sister - her angel.  And you are kind to share this.  God bless,

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for Margaret's loss.  She was Luna's angel. Bless her. 

Valued Contributor

What a beautiful tribute to Luna and your sister, Margaret. What a special person your sister is. Luna got so much love that she needed. Bless all of you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS 

My heart and my prayers go

out to your sister Margaret

on the loss of her beloved Luna.

While Luna's life began as pure

H**l it became Heaven on Earth

because of Margaret and clearly

this sweet dog was showered with

pure love during her brief life.

Please tell your sister to find

comfort in the fact that Luna

knew how very much she was

loved,that she was surrounded

by that same love when she was

sent to The Bridge in peace and

with dignity and that Luna is now

running with all of her new friends

thru the sunlit meadows of that

most blessed place.

I will light a candle for precious

Luna at the pet loss dot com site.

(((((MARGARET & LUNA)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

So sad for your sister.  May the fur baby play in the sun for ever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nova 

@K9buddy

@DJP

@beastielove 

@Still Raining 

Thank you all for the kind words. Margaret does not post as a member of this community but she does read through it. She is very touched by the outpouring.

Esteemed Contributor

Hugs to your sister and  condolences to everyone who loved and had a special place in their hearts for Luna.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry.your story brokle my heart.

.Godspeed,Luna ........... 

Respected Contributor

Blessed by the love your sister gave her - her life was NOT without Love.

I'm very sorry for Luna's passing, more sorry that she was an ABUSED Puppy Mill Animal.

I wish this was a priority with every state - to close and prosecute those mills. 

My prayers are with you and your sister...but I also THANK YOUR SISTER for loving, caring and showing humanity to a life lived mostly under inhumane conditions before your sister shined the light of love on Luna.