Trusted Contributor

LION COUNTRY SAFARI - PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL - GIRAFFES

[ Edited ]

We went out this afternoon out to Lion Country Safari.  You drive your car through the wild to see the animals.

It was hot and going on 1 pm so it wasn't the best time to see the lions and the rhino's. The lions were in the shade napping. It's hot. I think first thing in morning would be best for activity IMO.  And I forgot to take pictures of even the beautiful zebra's untill we got to the giraffe's.  They are one of my favorite majestic creatures.

All the animals run free other than the lion's.  If in the mood they will come up right to the car.  A giraffe crossed the street about 2 cars ahead of us.  It was so nice to see. So did 2 zebras.

They had a large amount of zebra's too. Onlly 3 rhino's

20230528_141805.jpg

A younger one, think a teenager.  Also saw a baby born At christmas time.  So sweet sitting by momma.

20230528_141739.jpg

Contributor

Re: LION COUNTRY SAFARI - PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL - GIRAFFES

Pink, How beautiful!!!

I LOVE all animals, and I always thought how giraffes are so beautiful and graceful.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture!

Honored Contributor

@Pink123,

I am a huge animal fan, especially giraffes! Thanks  so much for the pics!

I watch Animal Adventure Park  Facebook giraffe cam for years, it's upstate New York, home of  where April the giraffe lived.

Happy Sunday GIFs - 70 Animated Greeting Cards

Trusted Contributor

Your welcome and yes they are wonderful!

Respected Contributor

My family visited there in 1974 when I was six years old.  We took a road trip to Disney and Fort Lauderdale.  One the way back home we stopped at Lion Country Safari.  My father was taking photos and he must of used a flash that caused a rhino to charge our car.  

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

My family visited there in 1974 when I was six years old.  We took a road trip to Disney and Fort Lauderdale.  One the way back home we stopped at Lion Country Safari.  My father was taking photos and he must of used a flash that caused a rhino to charge our car.  

@ninjawife  Oh my goodness.  They are huge but one of my favorites.

Their animal population has grown so much since then.  If you ever come down please go again.