Honored Contributor

For those of you who have used this thing for  their dogs, how does the dog get the peanut butter out from the bottom?  Or do you not put the peanut butter on the bottom?

I realize it's better to freeze the whole thing.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at Sun, Dec 6, 2020-6.12.59 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Mine never get everything out so they need to be washed before the next use.  

I have also mixed dry dog food with the peanut butter....fewer calories, more nutrients and tastes just as good.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

They lick it out. but as was mentioned there always is some left inside so best to wash them out between filllings. I never packed it full either.  Just a spoonful or two at most.

Esteemed Contributor

A long time ago I read they were not safe. Many dogs have gotten their tongues and jaw stuck in them.

Honored Contributor

I use to put kibble in it ,never anything else.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

I put dry kibble, grated carrots, grated apples, bananas..almost aything healthy.  I seal the openings with peanut butter and freeze.  Good times for all!! These kongs are dishwasher safe.

Honored Contributor

I, too, have read that dogs have gotten their tongues stuck in them.  I wouldn't put peanut butter in them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I use broken up dog bones, short carrot cuts, green beans, and wedge each end closed with pieces of the dog bones.

I Don’t put p. Butter in Kongs.  Apple slices with p Butter are a favorite.

Rinse well with soap hot water, and bottle brush.

Happy Tails!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@nonnied wrote:

I put dry kibble, grated carrots, grated apples, bananas..almost aything healthy.  I seal the openings with peanut butter and freeze.  Good times for all!! These kongs are dishwasher safe.

@nonnied   I was thinking of moistening the dry kibble, top off w/peanut butter then put in freezer.

I am thinking of purchasing 2 so I can have one on standby.  Will be using as a training tool so I can have "quiet" time for myself & leave the dog alone for 30 minutes up to an hour.

====================================

ThankYou-smiley.gifto all that have responded.  You all have given me some great ideas.   I'm hoping to adopt a chi before X-mas.

If a dogs tongue gets stuck, the kong was the wrong size.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🐕 Kong Question 🐕

[ Edited ]

The Kong creates a suction and the dogs tongue cannot be released!

If it is the jaw ,it is the size.

Either way it is a dangerous toy!!!

PLEASE,just keep an eye on your precious furbaby while they are using it.