Esteemed Contributor

I don't put anything in mine. My GSD's just chew on it like a ball.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🐕 Kong Question 🐕

[ Edited ]

I have this Kong "Stuff a Ball". It's perfect for puppy-size bone-shaped treats for my golden. The hole on the end is where they come out. Golden girl pushes it around the floor until one falls out. Comes in S-M-L sizes at Chewy.

images.jpg

Super Contributor

I volunteer at the SPCA in my community.  We use kongs for our dogs.  At the top we place dog treats then in the middle dry dog kibble and then at the end  sugar free peanut butter. (the peanut butter that is safe for dogs).  The kongs are frozen.   The dog works through the peanut butter, the kibble and then the treats.   We do this for enrichment.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac I purchased the medium for my west highland and he was not impressed.  I donated it to a local pet alliance shelter.  I only filled it with dry kibble so maybe he was bored with the gadget, who knows?  Good luck 

Honored Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

I volunteer at the SPCA in my community.  We use kongs for our dogs.  At the top we place dog treats then in the middle dry dog kibble and then at the end  sugar free peanut butter. (the peanut butter that is safe for dogs).  The kongs are frozen.   The dog works through the peanut butter, the kibble and then the treats.   We do this for enrichment.

@Tallgal   I'm sure you're feeding the right sugar free peanut butter.  I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that sugar free peanut butter in general can be deadly for dogs.  Xylitol (which is the sugar free part in many peanut butters) can kill dogs.  If your dog even eats one cookie made with xylitol it's recommended to take him to the Vet immediately.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau