Honored Contributor

Kitten Food For Henry

[ Edited ]

When I got Henry he was eating Authority canned food and Purina Kitten Chow.  I easily transitioned him from Authority to Wellness canned food.  He seems to love it.  I have tried Wellness, Merrick and Fromm dry food.  He liked the Fromm better than the others but would not eat any of them very well.  My Vet suggested Evo Turkey & Chicken, so I tried it.  He loves it.  He's been eating it for four days now (which is a first for him).  I'm so glad to have finally found something good for him that he'll eat.  I ordered the Fromm from PetFlow, and they won't let you return anything that was less than $10.  This was $9+.  I should have read the return policy before I ordered it, but I'd been so used to Chewy.  They had a great return policy.  Now I can't buy Fromm through Chewy (Frankie, my dog, eats Fromm).  Anyway, I bought the Evo locally and will donate the Fromm to the shelter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I forgot to post a picture of Henry with my above post.  I haven't cropped this picture, because I thought it was so funny that he was sitting in exactly the middle of the couch.  This was taken about a week ago.  Since then I've been using saline solution to clean his eyes with Cosmetic squares.  That is working so much better than the water on cotton balls.  This picture was taken before the change though.

fullsizeoutput_eb.jpeg

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

He's darling!  And I'm glad you finally found a food that he'll eat!

Honored Contributor

@NickNackwhat a cute kitty, my cat Moe is 13 and I miss not having a younger cat around. Of course kittens are so much fun, if I remember correctly. LOL

Honored Contributor

Thank you @ItsME and @blackhole99.  Yes, Henry is a lot of fun blackhole99.  He's very sweet and playful.  He can be a handful at times.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

For a few years Bill the cat ate regular cat food.  Then he developed crystals in his kidneys.  Then his pancreas became inflamed.  Anyway, it appears we've finally nursed him back to almost normal.  

We went through one kind of prescription cat food and just recently changed it to another kind of prescription cat food.  I get it from Chewy and the Vet.

I've always given my cats regular wet and dry cat food (males and females).  I never gave them anything with fish in it because I learned fish is not good for cats (especially males).

My friend would come at 6:00AM, pick up Bill and take him to the Vet (she's the vets nurse), run blood work, etc and bring him back in the afternoon.  I know I'm lucky.

She comes to my house to hydrate Bill and give him his pain shots.  Thank goodness we're finished with all of that.

The Vet said the urethra tube on males is more narrow than female's.   A female can more easily pass small crystals, etc but males often have trouble doing this.  

Katie (my female) can eat regular cat food and the other (Bill's) without any trouble.

Every cat is different.  I think I figured out I've had living with me over time 16 or 17 cats (still not sure).  Each one was different, personalities, what they liked, you name it.

I think I can honestly say as much as I loved all of them, none has been as amazing as Bill.  He's so affectionate (sits on my chest), gives me hugs, comes when I call, etc.

@NickNack I love hearing about Henry.  When I posted about Bill being mesmerized by the ceiling fan (like he's trying to decide how to jump on it) someone here posted a comic picture of a cat swinging on a ceiling fan (priceless).

Anyone who thinks cats don't have personalities have never had one living with them....that's all I can say.  Your posts are proof of that.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I recently read that fish wasn't good for cats, too.  That really surprised me.

Bill doesn't have to have fluids anymore for his kidneys?  I had a cat who I had to do that for one time.  I, too, had a friend who worked for a vet.  She would come over and do it for me.  She tried to teach me how to do it, but I was never able to.  I felt very inept.  She had to have the fluids until she died though.  I don't remember how long that was.

I agree that cats can have great personalities, and your Bill is a good example of that!

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Aw, I'm so happy Sir Henry found the food he likes. He's like a little gentleman occupying the whole sofa

Respected Contributor

Your Henry is so darn cute.  And very fussy for a kitten!

He looks like a royal prince on that couch.  He's getting bigger.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Hey Henry is a cutie, I just love cats.  They bring so much warmth and joy to the home.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!