Valued Contributor

Good news.  Enjoy him.

Respected Contributor

Oh how wonderful!  To be all together again.  Good boy Kingston will sleep soundly in his own bed again and most importantly He'll wake up still at home with his people close by.  Home at last!  Have a Great evening!

Trusted Contributor

YAY! I'm so glad your pack is back together. Love from me and my fur baby Zeke.🐾❤️🎉

Regular Contributor

Such wonderful news, it made me cry.  So very happy for all of you.  This forum has some fantastic fur parents and you are one of the best examples.  Give Kingston a hug (a gentle one) from me.x

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

I''m so happy for all of you!

I can just imagine the klisses (kiss plus licks!) and all the love!Heart

Thank you for letting us all know

and I know Kingston will be so loved and well taken care of and he will give you so much love and gratitude back!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

How exciting, I’m so so happy @KingstonsMom  I can only imagine you and DH’s excitement 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

HEY, HEY, Kingston!

Good job big boy.

Glad You are back with your posse!  💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

YAY! Kingston is home! @KingstonsMom Wonderful news. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

How is your beautiful boy doing?

Give him a big hug for me!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

He's doing good during this 3 weeks of strict 'rest', but it is a bit challenging for all 3 of us, LOL!

We're all 3 pretty much confined to our dining room/kitchen area, with the rest of the house blocked off to prevent him from jumping on anything (his favorite couch, chairs, our beds, etc.).

No walks are allowed, we have to walk him down the ramp to the backyard for potty breaks on leash.

He still limps pretty strongly and is still on pain meds, but he can at least bear a little weight on that leg now, unlike pre-surgery.

2 more weeks of this 'rest', then we'll start taking him in daily for physical therapy, that includes walking on an underwater treadmill, for another 3 weeks.

THEN.....we will tackle surgery on the other leg which is not nearly as bad as this one was.

This leg (ACL) was pretty much destroyed, so our only choice was this extensive surgery/PT, because euthanasia was never an option to us.

We took a cute pic earlier of him on his back taking a sun bath on our enclosed deck that I'll post soon!

Thank you so much for asking and caring, your hug has been delivered!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.