Honored Contributor

Oh happy day!

We were able to pick him about 1PM and just got home.

He was so happy and grateful to see us!! Knowing that he hadn't been abandoned again!

I got down on my knees so that he wouldn't try to jump up to greet us (he is a jumper!) and he still bowled me over on the sidewalk!

DH and I just bawled our eyes out!

He was harnessed in the back seat, so I sat beside him and he licked me all the way home, about a 45 minute drive, LOL!

I feel so blessed to have him home!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Oh happy day!

We were able to pick him about 1PM and just got home.

He was so happy and grateful to see us!! Knowing that he hadn't been abandoned again!

I got down on my knees so that he wouldn't try to jump up to greet us (he is a jumper!) and he still bowled me over on the sidewalk!

DH and I just bawled our eyes out!

He was harnessed in the back seat, so I sat beside him and he licked me all the way home, about a 45 minute drive, LOL!

I feel so blessed to have him home!

@KingstonsMom 

Congratulations mom and dad, great job!  Sounds so joyful and brought tears to my eyes.  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

That's wonderful news! I always get upset having to leave me dogs because I know they must wonder if I'm coming back. 

Respected Contributor

Glad he's back home and healing. Will he need any kind of therapy?

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Great news!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I'm so glad he's home!  I hope everything goes well with his recovery.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

WOOF!!!!!

Super happy to hear he is home ~ 

Blessings to all 3 of you Heart

Honored Contributor

That is GREAT!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@catter70 

They've been doing physical therapy since the day after his surgery, now it will be 3 weeks of 'rest', no jumping, stairs, limited to 5-7 minute walks on leash around our yard only, (they recommend crate, but he'll have no part of that after spending so much of his life in a cage.

We have Kingston proofed our main living space where we will spend our time with him during this 3 weeks and built a ramp to the back yard from our screened in deck which has 3 steps leading down to the yard.

After 3 weeks of 'rest', we'll take him every day for one hour of therapy for another 3 weeks, which includes water therapy, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom , Well, I'm just glad your boy is back home with you again. Sounds like he  has his work cut out for him for a bit. He's just so lucky to have such graet parents. Good luck.