Contributor

Hello! So I was wondering if you any of you had any tips on keeping your car clean with dogs? I take my two furbabies about 3 times a week to doggie daycamp. I have a new (to me car) & want it to stay that way! I have a blanket down, their doggie hammock over it and protectors for the side doors to keep them from scratching. I keep it smelling fresh by airing it out and Febreezing when I launder the blanket. But it still gets dirty so fast!! I was wondering if you all had any other tips on what you do to keep your car clean? 

Honored Contributor

I'm confused.  Exactly what is getting dirty if you have everything covered up in your car? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My car is always clean, inside and out, EXCEPT for dog hair.  I do have leather seats, so it doesn't stick to them, but the car is always hairy!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

the car is always hairy!!!

Buy a car vac or use a regular house vac.

Contributor

Even with things covered the dog hair seems to get everywhere. I use the shop vac to give it a good cleaning. Somehow the dog hair needles it's way into the seats & doesn't get picked up. Just wondered what others might do keep their car as clean as possible. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Keeping your car clean?

[ Edited ]

It sounds as if you've got it covered.  My little boy goes on outings to Loew's and Home Depot.  (He needs socialization and craves his trips.  He loves the extra attention from other people).  I do keep a small fleece coverlet in the trunk for the basket on the cart.  My car is always clean,,,no problems with pup.  He goes to the groomer every four weeks so that might help with the hair issue.   Enjoy your new car, and even more, the precious cargo!

Trusted Contributor

I crate mine to keep everyone safe.

I find this keeps the car somewhat cleaner and they are not jumping on me while I'm driving.

I almost ran into a guardrail when my girl leapt onto my arms on a short trip.

Honored Contributor

I just have a seat protector on the back seat of my SUV, where I buckle Kingston in, but he has short hair, so I don't have a problem with hair all over the car.

But I do have a sticker on my car that says, "My windows aren't dirty, that's my dog's tongue art!" Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

I crate mine to keep everyone safe.

That is what my daughter did w/her lab when it was a puppy to train for car rides.

As an adult he now lays in the back seat like a vegatable.  If the back window is down, he knows that is the only time he can stick his head out the window.

Esteemed Contributor

@ame1027, I have the hammock/sling in the back seat and another seat cover under that.  My dog is a Lab and I don’t really have hair issues with those two covers.  I love the Hammond, saves the floors.  Seats are leather so fur doesn’t stick.

Just a caution about dogs sticking their head out the window while driving.  Insects, dust, etc can cause eye infections as a result of this activity.  I do know they love it🙂.  LM