Super Contributor

Keep your cats safe on Halloween

Halloween.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Keep your cats safe on Halloween

Yes, PLEASE keep your kitties safe and indoors if possible, on Halloween night especially.  There are kids that don't really understand what they're doing if they torment a cat on Halloween and there are people who have torment as their objective.  If you have the choice, please keep them inside and away from possible bad behavior.  Not to mention that on Halloween night  there are Lots more oddly dressed and chattering, scampering beings walking their paths with lights and swinging sacks to frighten and confuse your cat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope my neighbor keeps her dog inside and away from windows.  Otherwise it will be barking up a storm.

Honored Contributor

TW wrote:

Halloween.jpg

ITA!Cat Mad

I keep my four kitties inside 24/7 which is

the safest place that all kitties can be.

If you expect to have kids coming to

your door on Halloween please make sure

that you have your kitties in a room with

the door closed so that there is no chance

that they can run outside whenever you

open the front door.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with

Trick or Treaters as I live on a poorly

lit narrow back country road.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Black cats in North Yorkshire, England, have mysteriously disappeared over the last two months.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/yorkshire-mysterious-disappearance-seven-black-cats

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@TW wrote:

Halloween.jpg

ITA!Cat Mad

I keep my four kitties inside 24/7 which is

the safest place that all kitties can be.

If you expect to have kids coming to

your door on Halloween please make sure

that you have your kitties in a room with

the door closed so that there is no chance

that they can run outside whenever you

open the front door.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with

Trick or Treaters as I live on a poorly

lit narrow back country road.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Very excellent advice!

AND! hello @beastielove and @TW > *HeartCat Happy and *HeartCat Happy for the two, along with all of the beautifully hearted posters with a CONCERN.

I agree all the way.

Since we lost our little KittieCream to Squamous Cell "C" last October 19th, we have no use for this What Ever night of show and fright.   We, after years of being involved with the children's candy fun time, we now, turn out the lights and go to another area -not to be bothered.

Now, that we have an eight year old

( still very street smart cat ) from next door preferring to live here, ..explained before.. I have heard the worse of the `worst` stories prior to Halloween on local news, so again.

NO MORE teens and almost adult like folks coming here to frighten 1 eight year old cat that has already been shuffled around by the owner adopting a dog with a nervous condition and a severe barking behavior. I am observing many homes -Lights Out!

When as a child, nothing like the 'things' I am hearing happened to us being out 1 hour in our neighborhood tight knitted group, also when our son was very young, nothing like it is like this decade. The horrific minds of today's society has changed so abruptly, nothing is as nice or as safe -as once. 

I have 0 interest in this zombie like night, and we probably live in one of the safest geography of any areas one could live. No More!

On a softer note, I am involved with a group of ladies that go every single day to feed, help, assist and provide medical attention to all non wanted kitten -to cats and continue to build (from donations) a safe have shelter house with a vet coming in pro bono to treat, provide surgeries and make a decision if any pet of any kind is in need of no more suffering. Little animals have no voice and if not protected in some humanly way, they end up exactly what I hear or see on local TV stations. Evil lurks every where. Stay safe and PROTECT the helpless.

Thank you for reading.     NAES

October 2017 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree....better safe than sorry

Trusted Contributor

Smart.  When I was growing up, we had indoor/ outdoor kitties.  As an adult, my kitties have been indoor kitties.  Love the picture.  I have had three back kitties all sweeties. 
Do the math.
Contributor

My three kitties are all inside kitties at all time. They stay inside their play room if we have company. They always have music on. They can't stand fire crackers poping on the fourth of July. So their music is up loud in their playroom and they are happy and not scared. Love my babies.