Honored Contributor

I did a search and saw that a dog you had ,got vestibular  disease, if you do not mind,i would like to ask you some questions, my spirit came down with this about 10 days ago ,seems longer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

You're being paged!

The OP mistakenly didn't do your notification correctly, so I'm just trying to help her notify you!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: @ Kachina 624 paging

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest.  I'm here.  I assume you're referring to what my vet calls "old dog disease"?  Neither I  nor my doggy friends had ever heard of it, but the vet recognized it instantly.  What did you want to know?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   This is the OP that @goldensrbest  is referring to.  I thought you might want to read what was going on and come back here to reply to her.  https://community.qvc.com/t5/Pet-Lovers/Vestibular-syndrome/td-p/5911414

@goldensrbest   I'm so sorry to hear that Spirit isn't doing better.  At one point you thought he was improving, didn't you?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest. My dog, Bree, was a purebred female rough collie.  She had this condition so bad, she could not stand and wouldn't eat or drink.  I had to put her on an old blanket and drag her out to the car.  I had a devil of a time getting her into the car.  Vet immediately recognized what was wrong.  Said the duration is usually 7-10 days.  I would have had to leave her at the vet since I live alone and had no way of taking her outside.  I have a chronic back problem.

Bree was 12 years old, about the max for a collie and had been experiencing symptoms of dementia.   I had been prolonging the inevitable,  so at this point, I elected to have her euthanized.  Many dogs do recover from this condition and do fine, my vet said.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest.  I'm here.  I assume you're referring to what my vet calls "old dog disease"?  Neither I  nor my doggy friends had ever heard of it, but the vet recognized it instantly.  What did you want to know?

Yes, did she get better,because spirt was ,now today he has started to stumble ,not falling yet,it has been terrible ,such a long story.

Honored Contributor

I could not get into vets today, half day for them, last of antibotics, ear meds, got appointment monday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Kachina624   This is the OP that @goldensrbest  is referring to.  I thought you might want to read what was going on and come back here to reply to her.  https://community.qvc.com/t5/Pet-Lovers/Vestibular-syndrome/td-p/5911414

@goldensrbest   I'm so sorry to hear that Spirit isn't doing better.  At one point you thought he was improving, didn't you?

Yes,the falling had stopped, still was not at all like himself, so worried, about him. Thanks for your post.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 

You're being paged!

The OP mistakenly didn't do your notification correctly, so I'm just trying to help her notify you!Heart

Thank you ,how are you sopose to do this?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  To get someone "notified", you have to put the tag in the body of the message, not the title.  I always do both. so they'll see it in the title. 

I certainly hope Spirit rallies this week-end and is better soon.  Has this been going on since last week-end?  Somehow, I missed your original post.  Is he having the rolling eyeballs?  If it has been a week, it should be running it's course.