Honored Contributor

Re: K-9 Dies - Left in Hot Car

[ Edited ]

@pugvette74 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Wish posters would put the topic in the body of the post and in the topic title put "warning -- senstive post"

@rms1954  The OP made it very clear in the title what the post was about.......

@pugvette74  @KingstonsMom , that's the whole point.  It's right in the title so you cannot miss it and it's very upsetting.      

Why not say something like Warning - Disturbing Dog Story or something along those lines? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Wish posters would put the topic in the body of the post and in the topic title put "warning -- senstive post"

@rms1954  The OP made it very clear in the title what the post was about.......

@pugvette74  @KingstonsMom , that's the whole point.  It's right in the title so you cannot miss it and it's very upsetting.      

Why not say something like Warning - Disturbing Dog Story or something along those lines? 

@Lipstickdiva The TITLE is the warning in it self.. 

Honored Contributor

I came to the pet forum to post a thread about something that happened today.  

So sad to see this story.  I couldn't even read into it.  

I had lots of errands to do in another state and got an early start as it was going to be a scorcher today.

First stop was a bank to deposit a check at the ATM at about 10:30.  I backed into a spot and saw a small (Pomeranian?) in a pet carrier, seat belted in the passenger seat, windows all opened (the back windows only down halfway).  But the little guy/girl was sitting in the sun.  Panting away.  It looked elderly, too.  No one was in the car.

My heart was racing, but I stayed in my car with just the door open, waiting for someone to come to the car.  No one.  I wanted to park on the other side hoping my car would shade the dog's side, but the sun was too high.  My car said the outside temp was 88*.

So I called 911, told them about the dog, started crying, guy took my info.  Within 5 mins, two state troopers pulled up in separate vehicles. 

The first one opened the passenger door, unhooked the  seat belt and put the dog in the backseat of his SUV.  I burst out crying when I saw that.  He stayed with his lights on, but not blocking the car in and talked to the other trooper at his vehicle. 

I thanked them over and over and left.  I drove by about 20 mins. later and the car was still parked and the trooper was still there with his lights on.  

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I came to the pet forum to post a thread about something that happened today.  

So sad to see this story.  I couldn't even read into it.  

I had lots of errands to do in another state and got an early start as it was going to be a scorcher today.

First stop was a bank to deposit a check at the ATM at about 10:30.  I backed into a spot and saw a small (Pomeranian?) in a pet carrier, seat belted in the passenger seat, windows all opened (the back windows only down halfway).  But the little guy/girl was sitting in the sun.  Panting away.  It looked elderly, too.  No one was in the car.

My heart was racing, but I stayed in my car with just the door open, waiting for someone to come to the car.  No one.  I wanted to park on the other side hoping my car would shade the dog's side, but the sun was too high.  My car said the outside temp was 88*.

So I called 911, told them about the dog, started crying, guy took my info.  Within 5 mins, two state troopers pulled up in separate vehicles. 

The first one opened the passenger door, unhooked the  seat belt and put the dog in the backseat of his SUV.  I burst out crying when I saw that.  He stayed with his lights on, but not blocking the car in and talked to the other trooper at his vehicle. 

I thanked them over and over and left.  I drove by about 20 mins. later and the car was still parked and the trooper was still there with his lights on.  

@Lucky Charm God Bless You... You did a wonderful thing. You probably saved that dog's life. Sending you big hugs. Heart