Honored Contributor

Just read a quote on Pinterest that said

"I wish Rainbow Bridge, had visiting hours".  That sure hit the nail on the head. It's so true. I was thinking of one of our little girls just yesterday and this is really true to me.

I'm sure it makes sense to a number of you too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just read a quote on Pinterest that said

Oh, that would just be wonderful!  Visit until we could be with them full time again.  My Sedona is wasting away on me - 16 this month.  It's such a hard thing saying goodbye - they are our children.  I just have to keep telling myself she has had the most wonderful life here on Earth, and soon will go see her Scully who passed two years ago.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal. Is Sedona still not eating? Sure she's in no pain? What is her quality of life at this point? Remember your post about her a while back and would love an update on how she's doing.

Honored Contributor

And this is why I can't ever have another pet.I am still missing my little jack russel after almost four years.I can't go through all of that sadness again.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I would love an update on Sedona, too!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal If I could visit, I'll tell you exactly what I'd do.  I'd lay down in the beautiful, thick grass, surrounded by amazing flowers.  The smell of the flowers would make my heart sing.

Then I'd call out all of my furbabies' names and they'd come running (lots of them over the years).  I'd be laying there and they'd smother me with kisses.  I'd smell the familiar smell of my furbabies, their various furs (long, short, thin, thick) would tickle my nose and I'd feel my eyelashes rubbing against them.

Oh!  The love we had with each other.  Then suddenly, my wonderful husband would come and lay next to me and tell me how he and his favorite cat (Fabio) had been sitting like they used to do, Fabio in his lap, getting petted with his strong hands over and over almost every evening.

Jack (my runner) would be running back and forth reminding me of how he'd come in for lunch, sometimes carrying a 'present' (snake, bunny, etc) in his mouth.  The 'gift' always alive and unhurt.

That's what I'd do.

Honored Contributor

On the surface, this sounds like the best idea ever but if it was possible I just could never go through the process of having to say goodbye again when visiting hours were over.  I just want my little girl in my arms forever.  I miss her so much.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@hoosieroriginal. Is Sedona still not eating? Sure she's in no pain? What is her quality of life at this point? Remember your post about her a while back and would love an update on how she's doing.

@Shanus - She is eating - twice a day - I fix her scrambled eggs and then give her the ID Prescription food - half a can twice a day.  She's just not putting on any weight.  She actually barks for her food when I go to feed her - she's just really thin at this point.  Vet says most dogs get cancer at some point.  I'll just make her comfortable until she lets me know it's time, like I did Scully. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

That's good that she still wants to eat! It's been my experience that when they start refusing to eat, the end is near.

Keep us posted as to how she's doing and give her a big ol' smooch and belly scratch from me & Kingston (my avatar)!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

What a sweet, touching post!Heart