Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just read a quote on Pinterest that said

[ Edited ]

@dex

I feel as you do.  Lost 3 kitty boys last year and still grieving them.   Not all of them were old, so they definetly left too soon.

Still have two boys, but I'm determined not to have any more.  Too painful when they depart.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

Crying now for all of us.  Imagining the scene you've painted.

I know you speak of your departed DH often.  I grieve for your loss.  Even though my DH drives me mad sometimes, I cannot imagine my life without him.

And, I've certainly lost my share of kitties.  All treasured and dearly loved.

Fabio is a perfect kitty name.  I know he must have been very specialCat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman Funny story....so Fabio just showed up on my screened in back porch one day.  So I began feeding him (got all but my last two cats that way).

I thought he was a girl until I bent down one day to put his food down and saw the biggest set of (well you know) and that's how he became Fabio the lobba (not lover...Ha).  We called him Bo.  He became my husband's best friend.  My husband loved animals but especially cats.  When he died suddenly Bo would go and sit on the hood of his truck and stay there all of the time.  I let Bo spend time outside every day for a few hours since he was wild for so long, he loved the outside.  

I finally decided to sell the truck to my husband's business partner in Florida mainly because it was breaking my heart to see Fabio sitting there all of the time.  He was never the happy boy he used to be after my husband died.  He was black and white and I'm told he was called a Van.  Before I adopted him he'd broken off his big front tooth so we had to have that pulled.  Other than that he was no worse for the wear until he came to us.  He adapted to living inside most of the time well because he loved being with my husband I believe.  He'd walk past me and run up to sit on my husband's lap like I was 'chopped liver'.  Ha!

When my husband died my daughters had a wonderful celebration of his life with friends and family about a month later.  We had slides with music for people to see.  There were so many pictures of my husband with his cat, we all thought it was so funny.  I got teased about the number of pictures of my husband and his cat!

I think there's something special about a man who loves cats because cats are very independent and well......

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Such a wonderful story!

All my cats were strays too -- just walked up from the woods and moved inside.  They are allowed outside whenever they ask since we are in a secluded area.

You said:

I think there's something special about a man who loves cats because cats are very independent and well......

I agree.

I pray that someday, we all meet again with our precious families -- cats and humans Cat LOL