Honored Contributor

Just read Dana Perino's dog Jasper, passed

This was a beautiful dog, very loved, as all our dogs (cats, or whatever) are/were.  Just wanted to let you know.  Jasper passed on Sat., I think it said, he was 7. My heart goes out to them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just read Dana Perino's dog Jasper, passed

@qualitygal   Who is Dana Perino? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   Thank you for this post.  There is just nothing worse than your beloved pet transitioning and I know Dana Perion's precious Jasper was mentioned often.  As many of us, she was extremely close to her dog.  So sad when this happens, wishing her much peace during this challenging time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   She is a newscaster and she mentioned and shared pictures of her Jasper on tv.  it was obvious how close they were.  Always difficult when anyone loses their beloved pet.

Esteemed Contributor

Prior -Under G Bush ...White House 

Has 2 shows daily on FOX...AM and the Five

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Prior -Under G Bush ...White House 

Has 2 shows daily on FOX...AM and the Five

Yes, and I have watched Dana for years, never miss her shows, watch every day. She' a 10 in my books, so smart, so nice, and yes Jasper was a big lovable dog. Some one posted on my phone of Jasper slttlng on a rainbow colored bridge, wish I knew how to put it on here. Yery touching.

Honored Contributor

Seven seems kinda young, but I'm not that familiar with dog years, just that the larger the dog, generally the shorter the life span.  I think he was a medium sized dog. Sad for Dana; he was a good dog.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Seven seems kinda young, but I'm not that familiar with dog years, just that the larger the dog, generally the shorter the life span.  I think he was a medium sized dog. Sad for Dana; he was a good dog.

He had cancer.

Valued Contributor

It is such a difficult thing to go thru ...  I've had many dogs and each one claimed a special part of my heart for different reasons.  But dogs just don't live as long as we do ...  within time I've found another dog to bring home not to fill the void of my loss but to love again only in a different way.  I can't imagine my life without a dog or cat.  I wouldn't give up my experience with each and every one of them.  I hope Dana does the same ...  there is a dog out there somewhere just waiting for someone to come along and love them ...

Trusted Contributor

Are you sure.  I watch her everyday and she said just a week or so ago that  they were able to remove the cancer and he would be fine now.