Respected Contributor

Re: Just came home from the Humane Society

Just wanted to say BLESS YOUR HEART!! I have a rescue that has been throug 5 surgerys, he was used as a dog in dog fighting, he wasn't the fighting dog, he was the one they used as bait  Smiley Sad  I really can't talk about it much as I start to cry, he is the sweetest boy ever and just soaks up the love, he will be spoiled rotten for the rest of his life and he deserves it so much. I wish I could adopt them all!!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new little girl!  She will think she's in Heaven at your house after the life she's obviously lived in the past.

If possible, please post a photo of both doggies! :-)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:
So I went to "just look".  She came home with me.

Poor little thing has been so neglected.  Her fur is messy and she needs a bath.  She's 7 years old and has no teeth.  She has been debarked.  But she seems loving and calm.

======================

Re: "She has been debarked. "

That is so sick.  What kind of veterinarian would do that?  Last year my neighbor went to the local shelter to adopt a cat. When she was asked what she knew about cat care, she told the counselor she was going to have the cat declawed.

I don't understand WHY vets do these abusive surgeries.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Rina, it crossed my mind that they might be related.  There aren't many pom breeders around here.  They are both black with white muzzles.  The first one was turned in because her owner died and the family didn't want her.  This one was turned in because "they didn't have time for her".  And she looks it. 

I don't know why she was debarked, unless she lived in an apartment.  She doesn't appear to be a barker anyway.  The other one is not a barker either, unless she runs into one of the 8 feral cats that I take care of.

Sandgirl, that just breaks my heart and makes me cry also when I think about innocent dogs being used as bait.  Horrible.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new to you pup.  I love to hear about senior dogs finally getting the life they deserve.

Frequent Contributor

God bless you. I wish I could give them both a hug.. They are very lucky to have found you.

Regular Contributor

I tried looking too and it didn't work.  Came home with two dogs (twins) instead of just one.  Very glad I did though.  I can't imagine now ever leaving my boy behind.  I just love them.

Trusted Contributor

Bless you for that.  I beg people to adopt instead of buy pets.  They are so desperate for care and kindness.  

Respected Contributor

Hello, Scooby Doo. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your new dog. Smiley Happy A little strange that they didn't give her a bath or freshen her up for you, but congratulations again. Smiley Very Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Both dogs had already been named and I don't want to confuse them by changing their names this late in their lives.  They have cute names,  Lexi and Lacey.

Shelters give dogs names but , unless they've been there a long time, the pooches don't respond to those names.  It won't hurt to change them, if you wish.  Sounds like they have good names.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment