Honored Contributor

Re: Just came home from the Humane Society

[ Edited ]

Scooby Doo wrote:

Rina, it crossed my mind that they might be related.  There aren't many pom breeders around here.  They are both black with white muzzles.  The first one was turned in because her owner died and the family didn't want her.  This one was turned in because "they didn't have time for her".  And she looks it. 

I don't know why she was debarked, unless she lived in an apartment.  She doesn't appear to be a barker anyway.  The other one is not a barker either, unless she runs into one of the 8 feral cats that I take care of.

Sandgirl, that just breaks my heart and makes me cry also when I think about innocent dogs being used as bait.  Horrible.

All the babies you care for and love are about the same size!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Scooby Doo wrote:

And I adopted another dog.  Three hours ago I had no idea I was going to do that.  lol

I adopted an adorable little black pom in April from the same place that I've grown to love to pieces.  This afternoon  My GD sent me a picture of an identical pom that was at the shelter.  They could be sisters, same age and coloring.  So I went to "just look".  She came home with me.

Poor little thing has been so neglected.  Her fur is messy and she needs a bath.  She's 7 years old and has no teeth.  She has been debarked.  But she seems loving and calm.

Hopefully the two girls will become playmates and keep each other company.

I truly believe that Divine Intervention had a hand in that..just as I believe that it when my paths crossed those of my five kitties...all of whom I rescued at different times and wound up saving each of theri purr-cious lives.

From the way that you described her condition, clearly this poor girl's life was one of pure H**l...but now that she's with you, the rest of her days will be pure Heaven...filled with tons of the love and affection that she always deserved to have.

Sending your sweet girl lots of hugs...please deliver!

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sandgirl wrote:

Just wanted to say BLESS YOUR HEART!! I have a rescue that has been throug 5 surgerys, he was used as a dog in dog fighting, he wasn't the fighting dog, he was the one they used as bait  Smiley Sad  I really can't talk about it much as I start to cry, he is the sweetest boy ever and just soaks up the love, he will be spoiled rotten for the rest of his life and he deserves it so much. I wish I could adopt them all!!

God Bless you for giving that sweet, precious dog a loving home and a life that's filled with so much TLC.

Sending your boy lots of hugs and kisses....please deliver them for me!!! :-)

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

God Bless You for taking in another dog. When it comes to this bird phase of my life, I don't even have to go looking. They literally show up on my stoop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

What a heartwarming story this is!  You have such a loving heart.  It's a win for everyone, and I am sure you already know that when you adopt a little fur person who has been abused or neglected, they will return your love so many times over.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

God Bless You for taking in another dog. When it comes to this bird phase of my life, I don't even have to go looking. They literally show up on my stoop.

That's because you're the 'Bird Whisperer'.  8)