Trusted Contributor

Thanks soo much for sharing! it really touched my heart because every word of it is true. I'm blessed for the ten years I've spent with my dog & can't imagine life without him! Recently, I became an "empty nester". It's just me & him. It's been a good, but major change for both of us, but he's been right there beside me, adjusting to it. He's been a real trooper through all the changes, & he seems to know how I'm feeling. through all of it. Mornings are my most difficult time (advanced arthritis), but he's my motivation to get up & get moving early, so we can have a nice walk in the quiet hours of the day. Anyway, I'm probably rambling on, but your post resonated with me, because more than ever I realize what a loyal companion my Bear is! 

Frequent Contributor

Just my dog

He's just my dog.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;my other ears that hear above the winds.  He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being: by the way he rests against my leg;by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.  When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.  When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.  when I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man.  With him, I am all powerful.

He is loyalty itself.  He has taught me the meaning of devotion.

With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.  He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.  His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me....whenever....wherever in case I need him.  and I expect I will as I always have.

He is just my dog...and I love him very much.

Honored Contributor

@tesspoodle wrote:

Just my dog

He's just my dog.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;my other ears that hear above the winds.  He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being: by the way he rests against my leg;by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.  When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.  When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.  when I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man.  With him, I am all powerful.

He is loyalty itself.  He has taught me the meaning of devotion.

With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.  He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.  His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me....whenever....wherever in case I need him.  and I expect I will as I always have.

He is just my dog...and I love him very much.

@tesspoodle 

Thanks for sharing this! 👍

Contributor

Beagle are the best! We lost our Molly at the end of March and she kept us busy at the end taking care of her. It was our job and now we are missing something to do. She was like one of our children and she was NOT just a dog. Our daughter has a 2 year old beagle that we walk 3 or 4 times a week so that helps. He is our granddogggie and a cutie. Pets make you a better person and more caring. 

Respected Contributor

so sweet...it's "just enough" to make you cry...in a good way. Thank you for sharing this.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Whoever said “It’s just a dog” has obviously never loved a dog.

or been loved by a dog.